+310

Something interesting about the Harry Potter trio - all three could've easily fit into different houses. Hermione's got the intelligence to fight perfectly in Ravenclaw, Ron's undying loyalty could've placed him in Hufflepuff, and we know Harry could've been sorted into Slytherin, amirite?

SetUp4Sarcasms avatar Books
15 33
The voters have decided that SetUp4Sarcasm is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hermione's got the intelligence to FIT into Ravenclaw. However, I probably don't. :/

SetUp4Sarcasms avatar SetUp4Sarcasm Yeah You Are +18Reply

Yes, but how good is Ron at finding things?

Jankofetts avatar Jankofett Yeah You Are +14Reply
@Jankofett Yes, but how good is Ron at finding things?

He found his best friend, his true love, and his courage.

saturnlite88s avatar saturnlite88 Yeah You Are +9Reply

He also found the most delicous snack/treat ever...wait for it....Redvines.

SetUp4Sarcasms avatar SetUp4Sarcasm Yeah You Are +3Reply

Ron was certainly loyal until he left Harry and Hermione in the seventh book hahaha.

Lilblair16s avatar Lilblair16 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Lilblair16 Ron was certainly loyal until he left Harry and Hermione in the seventh book hahaha.

He still found his way back though. That's why Dumbledore gave him the Deluminator.

TheSuperLurs avatar TheSuperLur Yeah You Are +9Reply

Oh yeah, definitely I was just joking around. He always came back to Harry.

Lilblair16s avatar Lilblair16 Yeah You Are +5Reply

I would hate to be in ravenclaw. Having to answer a riddle everytime i want to go in the common room would suck!

You're totally right. Part of me couldn't really see them all as Gryffindors. Thanks for making me realize that even more!! :)

The only thing about Hermione is that she memorized all the textbooks and when answering a question recites the book instead of using her own words. Ravenclaws are very intelligent but they use logic as well as books. Unfortunately you can't learn everything from a book, i.e. flying or trust that everything in a book is true, i.e. Lockhart.

Ummmmm duh. This is all explained in the books

I'm fucking sick of Harry Potter. I haven't even read the books or seen the movies but I know way too much about it.

@Sex_With_A_Snail I'm fucking sick of Harry Potter. I haven't even read the books or seen the movies but I know way too much about it.

Why? I already know the ending, thanks to Amirite and Reddit, and a bunch of other stuff. I also have no interest in the series at all. I'm more of a sci-fi guy.

My favorites are FairyLand and the Truesight series. Another book I'd highly recommend is Cell by Stephen King.

Still, I have very little interest in it. I've never been a fan of magic type books.

Ravenclaw's are clever. Hermionie was just book smart. There's a difference.

@Astronaut_Will Ravenclaw's are clever. Hermionie was just book smart. There's a difference.

Hermione figured out Snape's logic potion puzzle, was able to hide her Time Turner all year, figured out how to destroy horcruxes, was skilled at learning magic quickly, knew to pack and get the trio ready to leave at a moments notice, can read other people really well, and stood against injustice and oppression. That's more than book smarts. That's being clever.

saturnlite88s avatar saturnlite88 Yeah You Are +41Reply

I like to look at it like Dumbledore did, choices over abilities. Hermione had the smarts for Ravenclaw without a doubt, but she valued bravery more than she did learning. I think that's why she got Gryffindor.

"Or yet in wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind."
—The Sortin

SetUp4Sarcasms avatar SetUp4Sarcasm Yeah You Are +20Reply
_Lord_Voldemort_s avatar _Lord_Voldemort_ Yeah You Are +14Reply

I'm pretty sure somewhere in the books or on Pottermore it said that the sorting hat took a long time trying to figure out whether or not she should be in Ravenclaw or Gryffindor. So she could have been in either, but she fit Gryffindor more.

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +12Reply

You're right Anon on Pottermore Rowling called Hermione a "hat staller" as the hat was trying to decide between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor

Lilblair16s avatar Lilblair16 Yeah You Are +6Reply

That doesn't make Hermione clever. You still need to be clever. Cedric Diggory was smart. Hell. Even clever. But not clever enough.