+263

It's kind of weird how we automatically expect video game characters to be able to double jump when we can't do it in real life, amirite?

beckaleckys avatar Games
4 7
The voters have decided that beckalecky is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's not weird to expect them, because most videos games do have them. Video Games don't typically relate to real life or have the same things as it.

@It's not weird to expect them, because most videos games do have them. Video Games don't typically relate to real...

Well cartoonish games dont care for physics but anything beyond the realm of Nintendo (dont get me wrong, i love me some mario64). Xbox and PlayStation games usually adhere to physics and the rules of real life (save like little big planet and once again cartoonish games). For example Halo (yes theres some out of this world shit but for the most part fairly relative to real life physics), call of duty (save the health regeneration), battlefield (once again health regen but they have bullet drop), assassins creed (save jumping off buildings and surviving by a foot of hay), gears of war three (i dont want to point out anything wrong with it, doms character development made me cry... thats so real life shit.) So i really dont expect double jump anymore because games are trying to get a little more realistic and i think thats... that's pretty cool. This is Matt Jonesy signing off of another rant, back to you anonymous!

Good points. But let's please not make this a news report. I'd completely be like this girl: YouTube video thumbnail

Come to think of it, it's strange how you don't expect to be put in prison for driving like a fucking maniac in video games either. Oh wait, no it isn't, because it's a video game.

@1738619

My favorite words that should be put in this are "man steaks" and "pork sword" (i claim refering to my member as "pork sword" so use it sparringly because i use it every other sentence.)

I may have attempted double jumping for real when I was younger a few times. But I might not have. Just sayin.

Speak for yourself.