+271

Being a judge on a cooking show would be the best job ever, because all you have to do is eat food and give your opinion on it. amirite?

GiggityGoo22s avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
2 11
The voters have decided that GiggityGoo22 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

You must also have the ability to describe food as, among other things: herbacious, enticing, titillating, and unpalatable.

notmuchnotmuchs avatar notmuchnotmuch Yeah You Are +20Reply

I'm not really a fan of trying new foods so I'm going to have to disagree.

Unless all the food is terrible

Kristens avatar Kristen Yeah You Are +8Reply

You have to say more than "This is some good shit".

Except the reason (mostly) that the judges get that job is because they've been around food for many years and have trained themselves to detect and accurately identify what exactly makes something a quality meal. They have more than enough skill and experience where they're able to describe a food with much more helpful detail than, "Mmm!" and "Blech!" Thus making it an actually watchable experience.

@MrRite Except the reason (mostly) that the judges get that job is because they've been around food for many years and have...

unfortunately not all food critics are trained, or have been around food for a long time, some of them became food critics because they have a degree in journaslism

no way on master chef the other day the judges ate pork hearts and beef tongues.

I hate spicy stuff and on Chopped there have been some pretty spicy dishes. I would be like "How do I rate this meal because personally I hate it but professionally it might not actually be as bad as I think it is?"