+369

Allowing gay marriage will lead to legalized pedophilia, incest, and bestiality in the same way that allowing black people to vote eventually lead to people being forced to give their pet fish a voting ballot, amirite?

sparesecondss avatar Relationships
23 31
The voters have decided that spareseconds is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Honestly though America might be better off if we let the fish vote.

Astronaut_Wills avatar Astronaut_Will Yeah You Are +33Reply

OH HELL N-- Ohhh. I feel stupid now. :/

Takkos avatar Takko No Way +16Reply

This reminds me of Simon's post about horses voting and freeing hamsters. Wish he was still around.

Sorry, my apologies.

imewts avatar imewt No Way +3Reply

I seriously hate it when people try to compare gay marriages to shit like that.
Really, the only thing they can be fairly compared to are straight marriages.

@Sarcasm_on_ice I seriously hate it when people try to compare gay marriages to shit like that. Really, the only thing they can be...

Bestiality is an interesting concept. Animals can't consent to have sex, but they can't consent to being killed for food either.

Interesting point. The truth is I'm not against incest really either. Only the kind between people who are immediate family, but that may change. I think first cousin marriage is perfectly fine, although weird, but really if two people want to get married by choice and are not bound by bizarre mental issues, then it's their right. By the way, how do you feel about polygamy?

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +2Reply

Well bestiality is not consented sex, and also you can't marry someone without their consent. Polygamy is interesting because although a core of me just feels its so messed up and wrong, I don't really have a legitimate reason why, and I'm not going to pull up "sanctity of marriage" bullshit. I think it's because while gay is a real orientation and it's impossible for them to enjoy a heterosexual relationship while a polygamist can be happy in an open marriage to another person.

I don't know! It makes me feel what a homophobe feels. I guess what it comes down to is that if the society wants it and a large part of the population feels its time, then I'll accept it as progression. It'll come when it's time.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +1Reply

There honestly isn't much difference gay marriage, straight marriage, and incest. The only semi-valid argument contradicting that statement is the increase in birth defects. This issue has been proven to nearly negligible, however, by science : http://www.scientificamerican.c...age-2008-12-22 The true difference is the varying public support for each marriage type.

I'm for all three, by the way. I just find it annoying and hypocritical when people are all for gay marriage and find incest marriages horrific.

I'm fine with polygamy, too. Honestly, I don't care what people do as long as it doesn't negatively affect anyone else. Also, I'm fine with bestiality. I've never been a huge animal rights fan so I don't mind if some creepy guy fucks his dog. The only one I think should actually be illegal from your list is pedophilia.

I love you for this post.

Monopolygamys avatar Monopolygamy Yeah You Are +1Reply

Yea...amirite supports gay marriage...cool...new topic?

@thatguys Yea...amirite supports gay marriage...cool...new topic?

We also love pictures taken in the mirror with a shirt off. Oh wait...

Congrats, you're the 5th person to comment on that!

If you look closer, I have no bellybutton, which is the point of the picture. I purposefully tried not to look like a douche. Instead, I have a 7 inch scar! I also am missing over 70% of my intestinal track.

I actually believe that legalizing gay marriage will lead to legalizing incest... But I dont believe that's necessarily a bad thing

@John_MacTavish I actually believe that legalizing gay marriage will lead to legalizing incest... But I dont believe that's...

Not lead to it per say, but lead to it being legalized. I think many of the 'freedom' related arguments for homosexuality will be transferable

While I don't see how legalizing gay marriage will lead to incest, I agree with you on how legalizing incest wouldn't be a bad thing. As long as it's between two consenting adults, it really isn't any of my business who someone else marries.

Eventually hasn't necessarily come yet

@Eventually hasn't necessarily come yet

Okay so while you can go sit over there and wait for the coming pet suffrage, I'll be here appreciating how I'm actually sane.

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +4Reply

Are you guys not aware that bestiality's legal in 13 states already? :O

At first I thought it wasn't sarcastic. Then I read the end. NW.

You're an idiot.

imewts avatar imewt No Way -19Reply
@imewt You're an idiot.

Wait I'm not sure if you understood...I was mocking the people who said this. I'm saying it's so stupid when people say legalizing gay will lead to legalized incest, because if that logic applies, legalizing black people voting will apparently lead to the most ridiculous things. I was using the same argument for something else to show its stupidity.

I hope that's what you meant, it was an attempt to show how contradictory it is when that argument is used against gay marriage. You should read the post more thoroughly...

sparesecondss avatar spareseconds Yeah You Are +29Reply