+158

You wish that aliens (if existent) were more technologically advanced than us, because if they were they might be able to find us and contact us so we don't have to do any of the work, amirite?

Skr3wBalls avatar Music
1 22
The voters have decided that Skr3wBall is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But we ARE looking and doing work to find them. I hope they're not more intelligent that us, or else we wouldn't be able to combat them if we needed to.

@Frank_n_Furter But we ARE looking and doing work to find them. I hope they're not more intelligent that us, or else we wouldn't be...

I have a feeling that they could be the most peaceful beings in existence and we'd still declare war just to steal their resources.

If they came to us (which, assuming we're talking about the present, they'd have to) we wouldn't be able to take their resources.

Yah but if they came to us they'd have to be more intelligent and most likely would be coming to take something from our planet since they wouldn't need much from us as lower life forms. Either way, whoever finds who, I don't think it would end well.

Although most human history suggest otherwise it is possible to find a less advanced civilisation and not kill or enslave them.

People only did that a long time ago when newly 'discovered' people weren't counted as people. We'd still count an alien race as sapient.

You assume they'll be less lazy?

I think there are aliens. I mean, we cannot possibly be the only solar system that supports life. I just don't think they are tall green people with oversized oval heads.

cookiedoughs avatar cookiedough Yeah You Are +6Reply

What if they're not peaceful aliens?

I think the search is a big part of the fun.

@1739902

Did you actually read any of those? Literally none of them talk about discovering alternate life forms from a different planet. Also I'm gonna put this out there because people seem to forget. Christianity is NOT the only religion. I clearly said religion. If you show me something that says that a Christian god created life on other planets then I would be more than happy to switch to "disrupt religion (except Christianity)"

@1739902

Alien life could severely disrupt religion though. Which personally I think is a good thing.

@1739902

The bible (and all other religious text other than Scientology) say absolutely NOTHING about alien life. And the existence of alien life would completely disprove creationism. It would say nothing of the start of the universe, I admit that. But all modern day religion would be completely broken down.

@1739902

Also this is not an appropriate post for a religious debate (if that's what this is called.) If you'd like to continue feel free to message me.

@1739902

Because it would show that life can be created on other worlds simply by acts of the universe. Finding microbes on one of Jupiter's moons is not an act of god.

@1739902

That's my big problem with religion. They never question. They just assume that it's because of god and his "purpose". And creationism is typically based on the creation of life itself on Earth. Not the creation of the universe or life on other planets. The bible has predicted many things but never did it suggest aliens.

@1739902

It's actually one of the few things I can respect. I understand how people can believe in A god. Just not any modern day gods. There's too much evidence against them.