+280

You don't care if someone abstains from doing something you do such as drink, smoke, or cuss as long as they don't make a big deal out of the fact they don't, amirite?

Wescats avatar Life
0 5
The voters have decided that Wescat is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It works the opposite way too. I don't mind if people do shit I abstain from, as long as they don't give me shit for it.

Adults always say that teens have sooooo much peer pressure to drink, have sex, do drugs... but no one really cares if you don't!

Graverottis avatar Graverotti Yeah You Are +8Reply

I don't really care what anyone does unless they're hurting someone or being an ass.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +6Reply

That, and I don't want them to make that decision for faulty reasons. Like "I don't do drugs because I will automatically become addicted and die", or "I don't have sex because condoms fail 25% of the time", or "I don't drink because it makes you stupid". If they make their decision for a valid reason, great. But if their only information on the subject comes from health class, I will do my best not necessarily to change their mind, but to give them the true information. One of my pet peeves is when people eat up the bullshit that they're fed about drugs, alcohol, and sex.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +4Reply
@AtheisticMystic That, and I don't want them to make that decision for faulty reasons. Like "I don't do drugs because I will...

No, that's a perfectly valid reason. As long as you understand that becoming addicted is by no means a certainty. But there's nothing wrong with abstaining just in case. There is always the possibility of addiction, if you don't want to risk it, totally understandable.