+79

It would be a good idea to legalize drugs, but make it illegal to be high/drunk in public, and everyone would be accountable for any crimes they commit when they're high/drunk. This way, we're not infringing upon the rights of the citizens, but also not putting other citizens in danger, amirite?

yay_im_wrongs avatar Health, Beauty & Fitness
2 10
The voters have decided that yay_im_wrong is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'd click YYA a million times if I could.

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Mike_Hawk I'd click YYA a million times if I could.

There are no legitimate arguments why legalizing the really hard drugs would ever have positives outweighing the negatives in society. Hard drugs kill, meth should be abolished from existence; legalizing it would be the exact opposite of where we want hard drugs to evolve to in society.

@There are no legitimate arguments why legalizing the really hard drugs would ever have positives outweighing the...

You make such bold and definitive statements while also clearly not knowing the whole truth. Are you sure you don't want to take that back?

Mike_Hawks avatar Mike_Hawk Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Mike_Hawk You make such bold and definitive statements while also clearly not knowing the whole truth. Are you sure you don't...

You do it all the time and most of the time in pretty teenagery stereotypical ways, why shouldn't I. You're a poster child for people that really really want to be different from everyone else whatever that takes, even though that's all anyone does anymore. I've had this argument with you twice before. Your arguments aren't well rounded and you stick to the few things you can depend on while ignoring the other bases. marijuana should just stay illegal but it's really not a problem if it isn't, smoking should be illegal, it's only use Is designating stupid people, Alcohol should be illegal but were too much of a bunch of selfish pleasure button pushing rats to try that again, recent break throughs have made cocaine a class 2 substance because of medical uses and that's mildly acceptable. All other drugs would cause beneficial change to the world If they were erased from existence. Your ability to feign intelligence isn't very compatible with trying to sell the idea that meth or heroine should be openly legally available to the law abiding masses. Give yourself a minute, getting super flustered and then trying to comment super laid back and care free to compensate annoys me.

@You do it all the time and most of the time in pretty teenagery stereotypical ways, why shouldn't I. You're a...

Contrary to what you just said, I actually put a lot of effort into not making definitive and general statements. Generalizations are never true; even that one. I don't go out of my way to disagree with people. If I did, you wouldn't see me defending other people's posts. If we had this argument twice before, then you are obviously a very dense individual. I should not be unable to convince any reasonable person that the War on Drugs is bad. If you're so sure we should try prohibiting alcohol again, please explain why it was a total failure the first time? Also, I'm just going to take this time to demonstrate that you have no idea what you are talking about. "Recent breakthroughs" have shown the cocaine has some medical properties? They discovered that back in the 1880's and used it as a local anesthetic for hundreds of years. If medical use is your argument for drugs being acceptable, then consider the fact that Heroin is actually the brand-name of diacetylmorphine. It has a brand-name because it was originally developed by Bayer as a medicine. Methamphetamine is currently prescribed under the trade-name Desoxyn. I could go on, but I ran out of space.

On paper it sounds good, but the rationale of high/drunk people aren't always as strong, and the law might not be the first thing on their mind. Also, which drugs? This might not be so good for dealing with meth addicts and the like.

It's a shame, such simple sounding solutions somehow seem to never get implemented.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +2Reply

Soooooo... They aren't accountable already? Hhhmmmm..... Then why is there no one listening to the law?!?! It can't possibly be because they're too intoxicated to think straight!