+140

Since most people's minds warp their perception of reality a little to see more bad stuff than good stuff, girls and guys are probably more equal than girls think and less equal than guys think, amirite?

B10ckH34ds avatar
0 10
The voters have decided that B10ckH34d is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

wha? =s

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are +10Reply
@8DUrkaron wha? =s

Everyone think they're worse off or less well off than they actually are. So girls experience and go through it themselves, so maybe they think sexism is twice as bad as it really is but guys don't really understand the real disadvantages, like the ones you need to experience first hand, and maybe think it's half as bad.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +2Reply
@8DUrkaron wha? =s

I think I agree with this post mostly because of the warped reality aspect more than the guy girl issue ;D

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are +1Reply
@8DUrkaron wha? =s

Aaah ...got it
Lovely that you tried to articulate that ...I'm sure a lot of people(including me) have given this a thought in the past.

8DUrkarons avatar 8DUrkaron Yeah You Are -1Reply

Damn, so I must really think inequality between the sexes is rampant, considering I am male and do already.

@Emperorerror Damn, so I must really think inequality between the sexes is rampant, considering I am male and do already.

I'm mainly talking about inequalities where males are the ones taking the negative, and it seems that both of you are assuming I'm speaking of inequalities experienced by females.

However, the traits of both guys and girls you've stated, B1ock, are certainly true. But I still don't agree with your final point based around inequalities between the sexes, and that is your main point of the post, so I have to say I still disagree.

Hmm, well, I don't really think most males are so unaware that they don't notice gender-based injustices.

I don't think it's really unaware, but if you don't have to live with it you don't notice it as much.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are -1Reply

It's not that we don't notice, it's that we automatically belittle them. Girls are a lot more sensitive than guys (in general), so any small thing would mean a lot more to a girl than a guy, who would probably say to shake it off. As a guy, I can say that this happens even for pretty big things (I can't name any, but I'm sure there are some. I only have very vague recollections of such things).

Conversely, girls tend to exaggerate stuff. Because of this, the real discrepancy between genders is probably somewhere between the perceptions of girls and guys.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -1Reply

I refer to guys as one entity. That implies that I 'm taking the average, not each individual's views.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -2Reply