+122

Not all changes to bad things means progress. It usually does, but it could be equal or worse. Not all differences necessarily make it better, amirite?

B10ckH34ds avatar
0 10
The voters have decided that B10ckH34d is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What's an example that you've thought of out of curiosity?

@SpearmintMilk What's an example that you've thought of out of curiosity?

Some minor points, mostly about semantics, of sexism, which really don't have any effect on anything, and trying to put out a burning man with vodka.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are 0Reply

Not all changes to bad things means progress? I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean if a bad thing changes it's usually for the better, but sometimes it's worse?
Initially I read it to mean that if you change something for the worse it doesn't mean progress.

@Not all changes to bad things means progress? I don't really understand what you're trying to say. Do you mean if a...

It means that if you have something bad, and you change one aspect of it, it does not mean that makes it better. There is a possibility that you just made it worse by changing something to look like you're not slacking off.

I voted NW because of the "it usually does" part

@I voted NW because of the "it usually does" part

And another perfect example of missing the point.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +1Reply

The first sentence was the point. The rest was additional stuff.

Progress for progress' sake must be discouraged, for our tried and tested traditions often require no tinkering.