+304

It's interesting how certain smells can evoke seemingly random memories from your past, and how you are able to associate these different scents to events of your life. amirite?

J_A_C_Ks avatar
3 7
The voters have decided that J_A_C_K is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That's because the part of your brain that controls sense of smell is located next to the hippocampus (memory), so scent is actually one of the strongest memory triggers. Learned it in ap psych. :)

@That's because the part of your brain that controls sense of smell is located next to the hippocampus (memory), so...

Dude, I was just walkin around, taking a stroll down Joking Lane, turned left, walked up some stairs, across a bridge, through a forest, and arrived at You're Taking This Too Seriously Avenue.

Actually happened. Google it.

J_A_C_Ks avatar J_A_C_K Yeah You Are +3Reply

good science, man.

But seriously, dont go around makin things up. We dont need the world filled with lies.

J_A_C_Ks avatar J_A_C_K Yeah You Are -3Reply

e.g. The day before starting high school, I had just got a new stick of deodorant (Phoenix, to be exact). I smelled that same scent in the store today and it instantly reminded me of the first week of high school, and sort of gave me a feeling of adventure and experiencing new chapters of your life, etc.

J_A_C_Ks avatar J_A_C_K Yeah You Are +10Reply