+157

It would be a little weird if you caught your female teacher reading Fifty Shades of Grey. amirite?

CloKamalis avatar Books
0 28
The voters have decided that CloKamali is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Why just female teachers? It'd be weird with a teacher of either sex.

@shelbyam118 Why just female teachers? It'd be weird with a teacher of either sex.

Read the comment right below this one, sir. You even upvoted it.

Well a teacher shouldn't really be reading anything while in class.

@Blockhead, I wasn't implying that you agree with me, I was just informing you that I DID say I disagree with this post and that obviously you had seen it because you had upvoted it.

It's generally weirder for women to publicly read porn. Men usually just laugh it off because those of us who do read/watch porn don't try to hide it, so it's become more socially acceptable.

No, but you replied to a comment thread that did say so and didn't express any disagreement on that point.

It's not porn. It's a romance novel. I can pull fifty books at random from the library and at least 3/4 of them will have a detailed sex scene. Is a movie with sex scenes considered porn? No. It all depends on what you use it for.

@UmmmmUmUmUmUmmmmmmm It's not porn. It's a romance novel. I can pull fifty books at random from the library and at least 3/4 of them...

Romance is fine, but that book is one explicit sex scene after another. If we were in class and a teacher of mine was reading a book that was filled with smut, I'd be uncomfortable.

Because I don't care, but understand why some people do care. I can look at a situation for several perspectives at once. I like to think it's a survival skill I developed from growing up with a highly volatile mother,

I caught my mother reading it the other day. That conversation was fifty shades of awkward.

Starlight_dragons avatar Starlight_dragon Yeah You Are +11Reply

My mom and her whole office are reading all three of them. Whatever idc

Why? What's the book about?

@Vliss Why? What's the book about?

It's an erotic novel filled with very detailed scenes of BDSM.
Use google next time, you're on the Internet anyway

Satans avatar Satan Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Vliss Why? What's the book about?

I read the Amazon.com description 2 weeks ago that I can only remember vaguely. I don't recall it saying anything particularly scandalous, so I was wondering why OP posted this. As far as I was concerned it was just some Romantic novel. Thanks for the reply.

@Vliss Why? What's the book about?

It IS just a romantic novel. Yes, they have a lot of sex. Yes, it is detailed. No more so than a lot of other romance novels though. The reason it's such a big deal is because of the involvement of BDSM which actually plays only a small part in the story.

@Vliss Why? What's the book about?

Book sounds like it needs a pr0n movie. I'd buy it.

@Vliss Why? What's the book about?

I liked the series. It's true there's a lot of smut in it, but it's there for a reason.

I saw it on my aunt's Kindle.
It was weird for me.

@I saw it on my aunt's Kindle. It was weird for me.

it's beat out harry potter as the best selling paperback. it's not that weird; obviously a lot of people are reading it

Egotisticals avatar Egotistical Yeah You Are -3Reply

Not at all >_>

No. Why should I care what other people read? It's their decision and does not effect me at all.

Curious, I read somewhere that one of the characters had a difficult childhood, abuse or something? Does it go into detail on that?