-57

It's a problem if you haven't watched at least five classic Disney princess movies by age 10, amirite?

MichaelJays avatar TV, Movies & Theatre
0 19
The voters have decided that MichaelJay is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I don't understand everyone's obsession with these movies. i mean sure they're good movies, but it isn't exactly going to destroy a kid's life if they haven't watched them.

@I don't understand everyone's obsession with these movies. i mean sure they're good movies, but it isn't exactly...

Everyone freaks out when I tell them I've never seen a lot of Disney classics, and most of them I saw when I was a teenager. I just don't understand what the big deal is.

But a lot of people in real life do the same thing to me. Actually, more than on the internet.

Wait, why would that be a problem?

radgrls avatar radgrl No Way +11Reply

I hated the princess movies when I was a kid. Except Aladdin.

Essems avatar Essem No Way +9Reply

I'd agree with you if you'd left out the princess part

Aristocats, lion king, beauty and the beast, tarzan, dalmations by the time i was like 6

deeviants avatar deeviant Yeah You Are +8Reply
@deeviant Aristocats, lion king, beauty and the beast, tarzan, dalmations by the time i was like 6

Those are Disney movies, yes, but not princess movies which is what OP specified.

... Well I didn't think I had done it, but you watched exactly what I watch by the time I was 10... I don't think I'm normal though.

However, the movies you listed are indeed excellent. Except for Beauty and the Beast. I don't remember that one much. I was never a big fan of the princess ones.

I had just about every Disney Movie you can think of on VHS tape when I was younger. Thats pretty much all I watched until I was about 6. The only exceptions were when I watched PBS Kids cartoons(Arthur, Barney, Cyberchase, Liberty Kids, etc..), or when my gramma watched Soaps or Nascar.(I never payed any attention to those).

BellaDolores avatar BellaDolore Yeah You Are +7Reply

There's a problem if you have watched at least five Disney princess movies by the time you're 10 if you're a guy.

YeahIAms avatar YeahIAm No Way -13Reply
@YeahIAm There's a problem if you have watched at least five Disney princess movies by the time you're 10 if you're a guy.

That sort of thing is annoying. If someone was babysitting a girl and she had that option and she chose Transformers, it wouldn't be questioned at all and she might even be applauded for it. Why is it okay for girls to like boy things but it's unacceptable for boys to enjoy things made for girls.

I babysat this boy who has two older sisters, and he loved princess movies! I thought it was cute :)