+261

Even though a lot of people assume it's boring, the history channel actually has some really cool shows. amirite?

Witty_sobs avatar
0 12
The voters have decided that Witty_sob is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

History channel used to have really cool shows. Now it's all just dumb shit that doesn't actually have anything to do with history. Even if you like the shows you have to admit stuff like Ice Road Truckers and Swamp People has nothing to do with history. The pawn shop shows and the auction shows can technically pass just because the items are old but it's still not really "history".

@Scientist History channel used to have really cool shows. Now it's all just dumb shit that doesn't actually have anything to...

True, I hate Swamp People and Ice Road Truckers, but I actually do like some of the few history shows that are left. Pawn Stars is amusing because it's funny to watch the people get ripped off. Haha.

Witty_sobs avatar Witty_sob Yeah You Are +3Reply

American Pickers is my favorite show and it's got history because they give backstories to items and everything. Plus, I've been there. It's so cool.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +2Reply

Maybe I never catch one, but there aren't any actual historic documentaries anymore on the HISTORY channel

@PenguinsFly Maybe I never catch one, but there aren't any actual historic documentaries anymore on the HISTORY channel

I've seen a few. Sometimes there are ones about ancient civilizations or artifacts, things like that. There aren't nearly as many as there used to be though.

Witty_sobs avatar Witty_sob Yeah You Are +1Reply

I love Top Gear! I'm not really that interested in cars, but the three guys on that show are so hilarious and entertaining! And the Hatfields & McCoys miniseries was really good too

Try H2, the History Channel 2. That's the one with all the really cool documentaries.

Ariodantes avatar Ariodante Yeah You Are +1Reply

I used to watch the history channel all the time back when interesting stuff actually came on it, now most of the shows suck, though, and shouldn't even be on the history channel in the first place. I haven't been aware of a single damn thing that's come on the history channel that would actually interest me in seven or eight months now. So these days I mostly watch Animal Planet, NatGeo, NatGeo Wild, ID, the Bio channel, and occasionally the science channel. When I'm scrolling through the guide, I always check the history channel out of habit, just to see if there's anything good on. There never is. They really ought to change their name by now, but I suppose if MTV hasn't done that by now, the history channel probably won't, either.