+71

You hate when you're talking to someone online and you keep having to google the words they're using. Maybe not, but it seems like a lot of people who use big words all the time are trying too hard to sound smart, amirite?

Frank_n_Furters avatar Internet & Apps
2 9
The voters have decided that Frank_n_Furter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah whenever people use overly esoteric words it just makes them look like the antithesis of a competent person

I try not to use big words when I talk to people. :/

@I try not to use big words when I talk to people. :/

Don't be /: It's actually natural for you to use big words, I'm talking about people who are trying too hard.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are 0Reply

Like the guy who works at mcdonalds casually slipping misanthropy into a description of his job to his friends?

Indubitably.

@TheBlindMan Indubitably.

That's one of my favorite words ever. The list also includes specious, usurp, loquacious, and jejune. Yay SAT prep. y smilie

I only ever use big words when people start out trying to sound overly smart. It makes me feel like I have to match them.

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are 0Reply