+55

If you were home schooled, sometimes you hate going out in public for fear of acting like a stereotypical home schooler, amirite?

_thegirlonfire_s avatar
0 8
The voters have decided that _thegirlonfire_ is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

What exactly do you mean by "stereotypical home schooler"?

What on earth is a stereotypical homeschooler? I've only been homeschooling for 2 years (public school before that) and I don't go out much because I don't like people and things are really expensive.

@silvershadow6 What on earth is a stereotypical homeschooler? I've only been homeschooling for 2 years (public school before that)...

If you don't go out much because you don't like people, you probably are a stereotypical homeschooler.

@If you don't go out much because you don't like people, you probably are a stereotypical homeschooler.

Not liking people has got nothing to do with homeschool; I didn't like them at public school either.

@Was that part of the reason you left public school?

Part of it, yes. I think not liking people would be more of a stereotypical public schooler. I think a stereotypical homeschooler just doesn't know how to talk to people, it's not that they don't like them.

Stereotypical homeschooler: a homeschooled person that has pretty much no social skills what so ever, and is a fountain of useless information.

I know not every homeschooler is like this, but people tend to assume we all are.

The reason I was homeschooled is because I have pretty severe ADHD and I couldn't focus in a public school setting. Its gotten better over the years as my parents were able to work with me and teach me some things that help with it. :)

Also, I love people, I just know I can be socially awkward at times is all. :p
This was a super extreme representation of that fact. :)