+105

The Hunger Games books teaches so many morals about a war, it makes you realize war is one of the stupidest things to ever be used repeatedly, amirite?

Books
1 8

You don't need a book to realize that. Just watch any news channel for 10minutes.

@You don't need a book to realize that. Just watch any news channel for 10minutes.

I totally agree. A shitty fictional children's book will never teach you as much about war as the news or history text book.

@1862187

I read the book just before the film came out because of all the hype, and I was incredibly disappointed. I apologise, its not shitty, its just...average. Mind numbingly average.

@Emaphina I read the book just before the film came out because of all the hype, and I was incredibly disappointed. I...

I don't care about the fact that you guys do/ do not like it. It's your opinion. But I think that it is a magnificent extended metaphor to war and all. And yes, I'm the OP, not sure why I went anon.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Ethan I don't care about the fact that you guys do/ do not like it. It's your opinion. But I think that it is a...

Eh. Its an interesting metaphor, but it's nothing original or new. Battle Royale, go watch it.

@Emaphina Eh. Its an interesting metaphor, but it's nothing original or new. Battle Royale, go watch it.

But the way it's done, making the gamekeepers/government living well while kids go and fight to the death, for reasons that do not even apply to them... It's never really put to that much of an extreme, right?

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Ethan But the way it's done, making the gamekeepers/government living well while kids go and fight to the death, for...

...Seriously, go watch Battle Royale. It has all those things but it has more style and impact.

@Emaphina I totally agree. A shitty fictional children's book will never teach you as much about war as the news or history...

1. Not children's
2. Not shitty
3. The book is analogy, which are used to get messages across in different ways to trick those to look through this different viewpoint, which can in turn change their views. So those set on war as a way of solving our problems, this book brings up different point which you normally will not see in society.

Ethans avatar Ethan Yeah You Are 0Reply