+52

You believe that creating a flamethrower with a lighter and an aerosol spray can runs the risk of the flame following the stream back in to the can and causing an explosion, amirite?

Mike_Hawks avatar Jokes & Humour
2 7
The voters have decided that Mike_Hawk is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This post is just an experiment. Somebody brought this up today, and I was just curious as to how many people truly believe this just because they've "been told it all their lives".

Fact is, it will not happen short of catastrophic failure of the can, or if the flammable material in the can has an oxidizing agent.

@Mike_Hawk This post is just an experiment. Somebody brought this up today, and I was just curious as to how many people truly...

People tend not to believe me, anyway. I think people should be able to do whatever they want as long as they are responsible. I definitely don't condemn people for playing with fire, however, I absolutely despise people who do it stupidly.

I don't really know what will happen but it still doesn't seem like a good idea to me

Marys avatar Mary Yeah You Are 0Reply

This actually happened to a friend of mine, and he had to get shards of metal removed from his dermis. It wasn't pretty.

@This actually happened to a friend of mine, and he had to get shards of metal removed from his dermis. It wasn't...

Doubt. It. Highly.

Was there anything wrong with the can? Like being punctured or anything?

I was never told it would happen but it's easy to imagine. I've seen flames get pretty close to the tip of the nozzle.