+34

The English Premier League is made of up of teams that contain too many over-paid morons who don't deserve even 1/3 of the money they get each week --- especially the English ones! Win a World Cup and we'll talk again about your salary, Rooney. amirite?

TommyUK1234s avatar Sports
0 9
The voters have decided that TommyUK1234 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

But...Manchester United will keep paying him obscene amounts of money if he keeps playing well for them, they won't care that he plays rubbish for England.

@TommyUK1234 I know, that's the problem.

But then he really isn't overpaid.
Nah I get what you mean, but still...

@dan94 But then he really isn't overpaid. Nah I get what you mean, but still...

you don't think 200,000 pounds a week is overpaid? considering all the endorsements he gets too?

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@TommyUK1234 you don't think 200,000 pounds a week is overpaid? considering all the endorsements he gets too?

What is your definition of overpaid?
Is he being paid ludicrous amounts for just playing football, which is not very important? Well yeah of course.
Or are you saying that he is being over-paid in terms of his skill of football (or how well he has done playing for England)? No he's not.

@dan94 What is your definition of overpaid? Is he being paid ludicrous amounts for just playing football, which is not...

No sportsman deserves 200,000 pounds a WEEK. I know footballers have a limited life span their playing careers, but 200,000 is not a reasonable amount to pay a footballer, especially when fans are having to pay so much for season tickets. If you don't think that a man who plays professional football getting 200,000 a week on top of their many endorsements is a gross thing, then you're crazy. And I'm sorry if that sounds mean. But there are people working 60 hours a week in jobs they hate, for people they hate, and others doing multiple jobs who don't even make a significant fraction of that. And many of these people are football fans, who are being cheated with ludicrous ticket prices to help cover the gargantuan salaries of the players, executives and other assorted idiots.

@TommyUK1234 No sportsman deserves 200,000 pounds a WEEK. I know footballers have a limited life span their playing careers, but...

No that's what I was saying. If you meant that football players get too much money in general, of course I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous how much money they get.
What I don't agree with is when you said that England hasn't won a world cup, so Rooney shouldn't get paid so much.

@dan94 No that's what I was saying. If you meant that football players get too much money in general, of course I agree...

OK I see what you're getting at now. The point of that extra point, was that I think fans would look more favourably on certain players, particularly the English ones, if they could show the same fervor and commitment to the national squad as they do for their clubs. Remember Rooney's attitude after the Algeria game last world cup? What a twat he was. Anyway it's more of a sub-point to the main issue of just being a bunch of over-paid idiots. I never really intended anyone to focus on that element

Anonymous