+369

It's great that these days, gays are getting more support and acceptance. But you can't wait for the day when no one gives a crap what your sexual orientation is and it's just not a big deal, amirite?

ExtantDodos avatar Relationships
12 5
The voters have decided that ExtantDodo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1787661

NY can be like that, too, especially the city. They have whole neighborhoods where there are a lot of openly gay people. I went to a very artsy school in the city that was only 25% percent boys and lots of them were gay. No one thought twice about it. Probably more so now that same sex marriage is legal.

I agree, it depends on where you live. In many places in the Northeast and West Coast, it doesn't matter as much, as opposed to, say, the South, where if people know you're gay your life may actually be in danger.

ExtantDodos avatar ExtantDodo Yeah You Are +4Reply
@ExtantDodo I agree, it depends on where you live. In many places in the Northeast and West Coast, it doesn't matter as much...

Thats true, but it also depends on the age/education of the people in the area. I live in the south, but in a college city.. In my high school and most places its actually cool to be gay, and no one really cares much