+282

You don't have to love every single thing about your parent. You can acknowledge your parent's flaws and still love and respect them. It doesn't mean you're disrespectful, amirite?

kipkayifys avatar Life
3 2
The voters have decided that kipkayify is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I definitely agree, although I think the disrespectful part may change depending on just how you acknowledge their flaws. If you simply recognize them internally, obviously that's not disrespectful. If you throw their flaws in their face, that's a different story.

Monopolygamys avatar Monopolygamy Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Monopolygamy I definitely agree, although I think the disrespectful part may change depending on just how you acknowledge their...

I agree. Oftentimes, just because I tell someone my parent is insert flaw here, I'm called disrespectful. My parents are people, I can respect them and still not be a robot.
I also hate when people say, "My parents smack me if I even look at them the wrong way!". That's not something to be proud of, it's a lazy way to parent, and it doesn't make you a better child. You'd be surprised how many times I've gotten that response.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +3Reply