+235

Girls: you don't get where the stereotype of girls not wanting sex as much as guys comes from. Sometimes you want a fucking a much as any stereotypical teenage boy does, amirite?

11 37

As a guy a cannot describe how happy it makes me to see this post with no NW's.

I happen to be one of those girls that could go for sex at any time. When I was dating this one guy, and I was always the one asking for sex when he'd be like "I'm tired". Well, fuck you (haha), I'm horny.

AnnDeevas avatar AnnDeeva Yeah You Are +20Reply

I'll give the abbreviated version of what I've been saying. Men are much easier to being to orgasm than women. People tend to base the chance of their sexual encounters off of the chance they will orgasm. Following that, women are unlikely to have sex with someone they doubt will bring them to orgasm.

@Mike_Hawk I'll give the abbreviated version of what I've been saying. Men are much easier to being to orgasm than women...

That's because the types of sex that are glorified in our society, and regarded as THE SEX, are the types of sex that are more likely to bring people with a penis to orgasm, and sort of... disregard people with a vulva.
The first commenter talked about the ages old oppression of female sexuality, and it' s true. Female sexuality is oppressed, and a lot of people still think it doesn't exist, or that it shouldn't. (This is why people slut shame.)
FACT 70% of people with a vulva don't orgasm from vaginal intercourse alone.

I'm kinda wondering why you said people with a vulva instead of women. That's like a new level of politically correct if you're trying to include people with a sex change or something.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are +3Reply

As a guy reading this post, I feel like my life has just gotten 10x better

I've never been a boy, it's impossible for me to know if I'm as horny as one. I'd imagine not, I'm good with having sex just once a week and I hardly ever masturbate. From having a few ex bfs I know they ask for sex a lot more than I want it and they, and some guy friends, have told me they masturbate almost every day.

I was always told that testosterone increased libido. Since men have more testosterone, our sex drives would be higher.

@shelbyam118 I was always told that testosterone increased libido. Since men have more testosterone, our sex drives would be higher.

Testosterone increases men's libido for women, and oestorgen increases women's libido for men. I don't know how it works with gays, but I think it's inverted, or, now that I think about it, homosexuality may be caused by malformed testosterone or oestrogen molecules...

That would help with reproduction a lot since it would mean women want sex more when there's a chance to get pregnant (oestrogen thickens the endometrium, ovulation) and men's testosterone is always high so that whenever a suitable mate ovulates, he can make a baby with her. This is according to tribal standards, which is what our bodies (not brains) are suited for.

Men are actually horny by nature. To maximize reproductive success, most male animals have to impregnate as many females as they can. Meanwhile, the females have to be choosy about who they allow to impregnate them. This is where mating rituals come from. Females have to choose the males with the best genes, while the males will dump their semen anywhere. While we think of ourselves as civilized humans apart from the animal world, much of nature still resides in us, and this shows in mens' constant desire for sex.

ExtantDodos avatar ExtantDodo Yeah You Are +1Reply

I have a friend who's been dating this guy for years, and after about a year, they were both about 15, she was the one trying to pressure him to have sex. It was quite funny to see the role reversal.

A lot of times (based on what I've seen) girls tend to be more evasive about sex than guys on purpose. The best way I can describe it is by saying girls act more "dignified"(for lack of a better word) on their own accord.

I would like to know, then, why males tend to masturbate much more than females.

@wobbuffet I would like to know, then, why males tend to masturbate much more than females.

Probably because it's more socially acceptable for males to talk about their sexuality and to masturbate. Plenty of women masturbate and watch porn. Trust me.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +21Reply

Unless the women just found it unacceptable to tell the truth and lied instead. There's no way to ever know for sure. Some women fight to say they masturbate as much, but others maintain a 'decent' image, and we'll never know if that's real or just a facade.

Given the downvotes I'm getting, I'm guessing everyone on amirite thinks "women masturbate exactly as much as men but lie about it." Apparently wishy-washy speculation is more valid than actual research...sigh.

More evidence that males masturbate more: http://carlsonschool.umn.edu/Assets/71520.pdf

"Gender differences in masturbation are large and
consistent. Women and girls are less likely to masturbate than men and boys...nearly
half the women in their sample (47%) but only 16% of
the men said they had never masturbated...Indeed, in a meta-analysis of gender differences in
sexual behavior, Oliver and Hyde (1993) found that
masturbation was the largest difference of all the variables they examined, with men nearly a full standard deviation higher than women, averaged across 26 different findings."

@Anonymous: all the research on masturbation habits I can find say that men masturbate more than women, and usually by double digit percentages. The one exception I found is married women, who only masturbate slightly less frequently than married men.

@kipkayify: Not only do females talk about it less, but the research indicates that they really actually do it less. For example: http://www.springerlink.com/con...1m5403/?MUD=MP

"Seventy-three percent of men and 36.8% of women reported masturbating in the 4 weeks prior to interview...Masturbation is a common sexual practice with significant variations in reporting between men and women."

57 YYAs... you know what that means, guys... at least 57 women out there willing to fuck us... now we just have to try and find them.

I think it's to do with frequency. Guys want sex almost all the time, but girls have more control.

@B10ckH34d I think it's to do with frequency. Guys want sex almost all the time, but girls have more control.

Yeah, because that's what society expects. But underneath we can be just as horny as men.

I don't think men are willing to fuck anything at any time...
It's all stereotypes, there may be a bit of truth in them but they don't apply to everything even half the time.

I can vote on any post I want to, whether its addressed to my group of people or not.

You can, doesn't mean you should. There should be a rule that mods can undo your vote or something more serious if you vote on a post not meant for you.

Doesn't matter. It's still not addressed to you. A girl would understand what ti's saying. They know guys want sex more often, and their argument is like "I don't always want sex, but when i do, it's as much as guys want it"

You're a guy. You're not allowed to vote on a post addressed to girls... But yeah, the intensity is the same, but the frequency is lower. It's a tribal survival thing, don't ask.

can be. You said it yourself Anon. I don't understand how you can say the frequency of wanting sex is the same and then use "Women are sometimes as horny as men are most of the time" as your evidence.

TThis post makes no sense. At all.

pb55020s avatar pb55020 No Way -21Reply
@pb55020 TThis post makes no sense. At all.

The first sentence makes the assertion that women want sex just as much as men do. Then it says "sometimes", a.k.a occasionally, women are as horny as a guy. This implies that most of the time they aren't, while, as a guy I can honestly say, I get horny a lot more than sometimes.

So basically the posts wording implies that women want sex as much as men and then proves itself wrong.