+215

You support transgenders, amirite?

Life
0 47
@1799647

That example was very well put (that wasn't sarcasm).

Jabberjays avatar Jabberjay Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1799647

Favoriting your comment mainly because of the little Tommy analogy.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1799647

I agree... that's actually a pretty brilliant anaolgy

omgeetoasts avatar omgeetoast Yeah You Are +2Reply

Yes, but is your username really necessary?

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +29Reply
@SpearmintMilk Yes, but is your username really necessary?

Simon wrote this on his tumblr about it:

And trans people, transgender and transsexual people are really disadvantaged, especially in non-Western countries, and they are at a higher risk of violence and murder, plus suicide, and laws need to be made to protect trans people from job, housing, health services and employment discrimination, and plus there needs to be more education about trans people, but anyone who came onto Tumblr not knowing anything about trans people would leave thinking most are a bunch of whiney brats who think someone misgendering them is the worst oppression ever. “Die Cis Scum” is a fucking stupid slogan, and anyone who uses in a legitimate way (ie, not making fun of it) is a complete idiot and I will eat my fucking foot if that piece of shit slogan becomes associated with people doing real activism for trans people by trying to stop the violence and discrimation against them, rather than the idiots arguing on the Internet about Gender/Womyns Studies all day.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +18Reply

Cis people are people who are not transgender it's a big thing on tumblr the whole "die cis scum" thing at the moment.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +14Reply

Hmm that's a possibility gst smilie but I really don't think so; this post really isn't his style (I could be wrong though).

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +4Reply

Yes. I also support Red Sox fans, cable repairmen, girls with big earrings, the people who restock vending machines, President Obama's barber, and various sects of Christianity.

My science teacher last year was a transgender. People kept calling her a drag queen and a cross dresser and she decided to have a school meeting/assembly thing to educate us all about transgenders, and explained that she was a lady so we should politely call her Ms. And say she/her. Once it was all put out in the open and explained, everyone became super accepting and stopped making jokes. A bunch of people listed her as their favorite teacher in the yearbook (i didnt, her tests were really hard but thats beside the point).
I really think more education is whats needed on the subject. It made a huge difference at my school, and thats a group of immature 8th graders were talking about, so imagine how well it would work on adults, if they were willing to listen

omgeetoasts avatar omgeetoast Yeah You Are +19Reply

I don't care - let people be happy.

I honestly don't give one single shit. People can be who they like, as long as they aren't in my face all the fucking time.

I assume you're in on the trans positive movement considering your username, so I'm kind of surprised that you used transgender as a noun. It's an adjective. You'd call someone a transgender man or woman, not a transgender.

shelbyam118s avatar shelbyam118 Yeah You Are +8Reply

A friend of mine in my last play was trans, and he was seriously one of the coolest people, and a hilarious actor.
I really don't get the whole "Pretend you don't notice" thing either
He would constantly talk about how he went by a girls name when he was younger and how some people wouldn't call him by his preffered name. It's not like he's like "I wasn't born with a penis?!?!?!"

I couldn't possibly care less.

http://www.datingtransgenders.com supports everyone in the LGBT communtity. LIVE AND LET LIVE!

I do not support them, nor am I against them. I find supporting them feels a little bit like trying to eradicate homosexuality by changing the physical aspect instead of the psychological one. However, I am not against them because the operations make them happy without affecting me.

@B10ckH34d I do not support them, nor am I against them. I find supporting them feels a little bit like trying to eradicate...

You can be homosexual and transgender. Supporting them in no way is trying to eradicate homosexuality. Gender and sexual orientation are separate.

SpearmintMilks avatar SpearmintMilk Yeah You Are +25Reply

Actually, hopefully he wouldn't mind using him as an example, but Simon was born a girl and actually likes guys, so becoming a trans made him gay.

No hate guys, I am supportive in every way.

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +11Reply

It would be stupid to eradicate homosexuality by having a sex change because imo it would be harder to be a transgender than a gay man. Gay rights still have a while to go but more people support gay people than they do transgendered people and also dating as a gay man would be easier than being a woman and having to tell straight men you were born a man. If they make a really hot woman maybe, but if you're a gay man who hates being gay, getting a sex change seems like it would make your life harder than just living as a gay man.

Seriously, can people stop saying things like "They're straight before the sex change and gay after?" Sexual reassignment surgery is not the "magic moment" when your gender changes. Chances are, you have a certain gender identity long before you decide to get surgery. Gender is in the head, sex is between the legs. And sex and gender don't always match up.

Simon is a guy who makes posts under the anonymous name "Jizzbane." He has several potd's and doesn't afraid of anything.

Yeah I know. I mean if a guy is attracted to guys, he's gay, but if he gets sex change then he's straight. I've never heard of anyone who's straight and goes for the operation, but some people like that must exist, I suppose.

I feel as though there's a joke here I'm not getting. Or maybe there should be...

I'm a transgender man. Yee.

StanleyBVBs avatar StanleyBVB Yeah You Are -2Reply
@FlotatiousTurd

i am against all forms of surgery to alter a persons looks, this video just has relevance and makes me laugh