+154

It doesn't really make sense why prostitution is illegal. It's the woman's (or man's in some cases) body. They should be able to do what they want with it, and if money changes hands, so what? It's pretty much porn, just with a smaller audience. As long as the sex is consensual, it's really not that big of a deal, amirite?

justfuckmeups avatar Life
3 43
The voters have decided that justfuckmeup is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1799387

You would be the classiest hooker in all the land, frogy y smilie

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +39Reply
@1799387

Way to ruin a perfectly good thread, anon.
I hope you feel accomplished.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +19Reply
@1799387

Did anybody else think about Easy A when it comes to being paid in gift cards?

KatieKaties avatar KatieKatie Yeah You Are +17Reply
@1799387

Don't forget the fapetizers jolly smilie

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +12Reply
@1799387

Don't for get bLUBErry jam if there's going to be any bread products.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1799387

That was an excellent interchange - you two should form a comedy duo! hahahaha

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1799387

I always pay my whores in gift cards... wary smilie

Lamb_of_Gods avatar Lamb_of_God Yeah You Are +6Reply
@1799387

@Run. When is someone going to make a snide or mean comment so I can totally destroy like I did to that cowardly bitch today? hehehehe Fun times.

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1799387

That was amazing. I could almost here her burst into tears and cry for her mother.
Nothing like crushing a teenager's dream of being stealthy on the interwebz.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1799387

Oh, God, Dolan creeps the fuck out of me. My friend keeps trying to get me to use the Dolan search engine and I refuse.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's more about the case of STDs and the lot, but there are businesses, I think, that use prostitution as an actual job. I think there are restrictions on STDs and use of condoms and the lot so it's safer.

Prostitution isn't like having sex with a friend. It's having sex with a stranger, which opens up a world of STDs and criminality. "But a friend could also have STDs!" But it's assumed that that friend has told you the truth before fucking you.

The prostitute could also be in danger with the person they're with. There's no trust on either side and that can make the whole thing unhealthy and dangerous.

@AdonisBatheus It's more about the case of STDs and the lot, but there are businesses, I think, that use prostitution as an actual...

Security cameras could be used for personal safety, as well as live-streaming porn.
Now that I think of it, that would open up a world of bizarre 911 calls.
"Uh, officer, I was, um, doing research for anatomy class, and there's this guy beating a hooker with a tire iron."

But I mean you could go out and have sex with a random stranger anyways. At least if you were a prostitute, the government could force you to be tested regularly.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +6Reply

Exactly. What's the difference between going out to a bar and having a one night stand and selling yourself?
If you want to get STD's or just don't care about getting them, who's the government to tell you you can't risk that?

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -1Reply

I would think its because of all the criminal activities that come with it. When you watch cop shows, there is almost always drugs when prostitutes are involved. And rape is a pretty big deal with it also.

It's just a shady kind of business that attracts shady people

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...ight_districts
I visited Amsterdam last summer, where prostitution is legal, and I went to the red light district. It was pretty uncomfortable to begin with because I was with my family. But it was actually unenjoyable because there were prostitutes in glass windows all over the place, but they all looked drugged, like they were about to die. I also got harassed by a bunch of drunk/high guys and the area was just seedy and gross. I feel like the legalization of prostitution would have a bad effect on the society.

@kristin http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li...ight_districts I visited Amsterdam last summer, where prostitution is...

Yes, but like a couple people have said above, we would regulate it more (because this is 'Murca and the government has to be as involved in our personal lives as possible).

Adonis is half right, it's partially to stop the spread of STDs. The other half is that having a lot of sex with strangers effects people in ways that they wont expect. Interviews with former prostitutes confirm that they are, indeed, their own victims. Kind of a protection from yourself thing.

i think it certainly must be regulated. and pimping should definitely be illegal. but regulated prostitution should be legal, as long as the prostitute has the choice to quit prostitution anytime he or she wants.

No, prostitution should not be legal because it is the act of selling and buying a person. Prostitutes are slaves to their mistresses and pimps, they are usually kidnapped or raped (or both) and forced to live in terrible conditions. The sex industry is human trafficking and generates billions of dollars every year, and human trafficking is worse than drug or gun trafficking because with people you can sell them over and over again, whereas drugs can only be used once. Many people think that prostitutes are asking for it and they like doing it but most people are forced into it with no way to escape. This problem is most prominent in India, the Philippines, and other underdeveloped countries. Nothing about prostitution is glamorous and no one would offer you a gift card for your services, it is a filthy, disgusting, degrading, and awful industry that should be stopped. The media glorifies pimps and prostitutes when in actuality pimps are manipulative rapists and prostitutes are women with no where to go and nothing left to do but sell their body.

@shortillathehun No, prostitution should not be legal because it is the act of selling and buying a person. Prostitutes are slaves...

Yeah, because their pimp is making them. And most of the time it is a sex slave. Even if there are a few who do it because they want to, making prostitution legal will just cause a lot more problems and make life a lot worse for those unlucky sex-slave prostitutes

Human trafficking is selling a person, either in slavery or prostitution. Most prostitutes are actually sex slaves who don't actually have a choice in the matter, and all the money goes to the pimp.

Not all prostitution is like you're making it out to be. Often times it really is just a woman or man who stands on the street corner and solicits sex.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -2Reply

It could actually help some of those problems. Like someone else said above, if it were made legal, more people might do it of their own accord.
And it would no longer be a thing that happened underground (metaphorically, of course).

By this logic, being a waitress should also be illegal because in some places people are slaves who don't have a choice but to serve their master.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -4Reply

Most girls don't actually want to be prostitutes. It can be really dangerous, also. It's for their own safety. Kind of like how it's the law to wear a seatbelt.

You have your facts all wrong. Prostitution isn't a woman (or man) thinking "Hey, a quick and easy way to make some money would be to prostitute myself out." I agree that it should be legal if what you said is the case, but it isn't. Like shortilla said above, the prostitutes are normally kidnapped and forced into the industry

@Graverotti You have your facts all wrong. Prostitution isn't a woman (or man) thinking "Hey, a quick and easy way to make some...

Like someone else also said above, it would be more strictly regulated and treated as a real profession.

I think if prostitution was made legal, it actually be easier to stop the spread of STDs. It would be more highly regulated, rather than something that takes place in back alleys and things. That being said, I think, as ridiculous as this sounds, that there would have to be a sort of prostitutes' union, so you couldn't just stand out on the street corner and solicit people.

Essems avatar Essem Yeah You Are 0Reply

Prostitution is legal in Nevada. I think there's a Louis Theroux documentary on in, "Louis and the Brothel."

If someone steals from you do they get charged with rape or theft?