+1,135

Just because someone has cancer does not automatically make them "beautiful", at least aesthetically. Just because someone is in a gay relationship does not automatically make them in love. Someone with a disability is not automatically a better person than someone who is able. Facebook groups promoting these ideas need to shut the fuck up, amirite?

cherryblasters avatar Internet & Apps
105 121
The voters have decided that cherryblaster is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1800339

hehe smilie Lol at the "ONE!" slipped in there.

4n0nym0u5 +50Reply
@1800339

There's been worse. I've seen a post that said:
"Like and share if you love your parents, ignore if you want them to die in a terrorist attack".
The fuck is that?

@1800339

Lol, it's not a post I made, I just found it on Memebase. That shirt is a good fit for him, though.

@1800339

Oh, okay. Well I'm glad it did. hehe smilie

No one is going to nominate you for the Nobel prize if you say that Adalia Rose is prettier than Megan Fox.

Sarcasm_on_ices avatar Sarcasm_on_ice Yeah You Are +125Reply
@Sarcasm_on_ice No one is going to nominate you for the Nobel prize if you say that Adalia Rose is prettier than Megan Fox.

Hey, she's got some nice features, but that doesn't make her the prettiest girl in the world. However it's unfair for some people to say she's the ugliest girl on the planet and say mean stuff like that. Everybody has their own good and bad features and it's not nice to single out the bad ones.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +29Reply

Honestly, the eyes do get me sometimes :) I have no beef with her, but I've seriously seen people say "She is the prettiest girl in the world!"

Sarcasm_on_ices avatar Sarcasm_on_ice Yeah You Are +22Reply
@Brettward95 Ew no she's fucking gross.

I mean not her complexion, which sucks. I mean her overall features, ignoring the complexion.

Hey, by the way, what you said was rude. I'm not asking you to lie, but you can phrase your words in a more constructive manner that is beneficial to all of us.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +10Reply
@Brettward95 But I'm usually rude. Why do I have to be nice just because she has a disease?

Because she's nice as a person. Because she's just a little girl. Because nobody deserves to have insults hurled at them.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +18Reply

Actually most people are just nice, regardless of if other people have a disease or not. You should try it sometime.

Snickers avatar Snicker Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1800394

The sad thing is that the people who create the posts just want more people to see their Facebook page so they can get more advertising revenue. Go back to the source of any picture that says, "like if you think she's beautiful." or "share if you respect this soldier." and I guarantee you'll end up at the timeline of someone who just mindlessly creates these idiotic posts. These people could care less about the cause they're supposedly advocating.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +19Reply

Anyone who does that makes me lose faith in humanity.
I don't care how many thumbs down I get - I think Adalia Rose is ugly. Do I hate her? No. Does that make me a bad person? No. I just don't find her physically attractive. Besides, most of the praise she's getting is pure pity, which is disgusting.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +60Reply
@kipkayify Anyone who does that makes me lose faith in humanity. I don't care how many thumbs down I get - I think Adalia Rose...

She has a disease, so she's all over facebook with captions like "like this is she is beautiful!"

People don't even think about how wrong it is to take advantage of that to get facebook likes and make your page more popular.

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +23Reply

She praised for her disease? That's it..? Im not trying to be mean but, if she's going to be praised, it should be for something relevant, like being strong against the hate she receives, not for just having a disease. That's like the dumbest thing I've heard.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are +18Reply

More people should compliment her on her personality. In every video they post of her she smiles and laughs and sings, and she apparently writes back to every single fan letter she gets. For such a little kid that's really amazing. People should recognize that instead of just calling her "beautiful" all the time, which she isn't.

omgeetoasts avatar omgeetoast Yeah You Are +18Reply

But Facebook's still flooded with idiots thinking they're making some sort of difference in the world by calling her beautiful. As though that makes them a better person or helps the girl in any way.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +8Reply

Maybe she sometimes reads it and feels a little better about herself? I bet she has some self image problems.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +5Reply

So? I was in a predominately white school when I was six and wanted nothing more than to be white.

Beautiful means so much more than the outside. I think she's both. Personally, the eyes get me every time, and to hear that she's just as nice inside, means to me that she is beautiful.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +3Reply

What does she get praised for?

Sorry, I've never really looked much into her situation.

iceeselenawizs avatar iceeselenawiz Yeah You Are -2Reply

I gotta google Adalia Rose now..

Annajoy97s avatar Annajoy97 Yeah You Are +39Reply
@Kashish How was your adventure?

It was pretty good thanks for your concern Kash xoxo

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Kashish Why are you a mango?

Why aren't you a mango?

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +9Reply
@KirstenAnn Why aren't you a mango?

I'm Indian, mangoes are in my blood. No need.

@1830535

No it's cause you're black.

@1830541

So why are you a mango?

@Kashish So why are you a mango?

Because sexy bitches are mangoes and since you're Indian you're only sexy on the inside.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +1Reply
@KirstenAnn Because sexy bitches are mangoes and since you're Indian you're only sexy on the inside.

Are you saying Indian men can't be sexy on the outside? Is that a racist statement?

@Kashish Are you saying Indian men can't be sexy on the outside? Is that a racist statement?

No I saying that if mangoes ate in your blood, then you have sexy blood but if not, well sucks to be you.

@KirstenAnn No I saying that if mangoes ate in your blood, then you have sexy blood but if not, well sucks to be you.

well sucks to be you
sucks
are you implying you're a horny vampire looking for sexy blood?

@1830583

Winner winner chicken dinner

@1830592

Chicken curry.
Cheeseburger... beef.... oh my vishnu, never would I!

@1830535

No, you're a mango.

Celestialjesss avatar Celestialjess Yeah You Are 0Reply

"ADALIA ROSE SO BEUTIFUL GAIZ LIKE DIS PICTURE IF YOU LOVE JESUS AND PIZZA AND CATS, KEEP SCROLLING FOR SATAN, IF YOU LOVE CANCER, OR IF YOU HAVE A SMALL PENIS"

Fuck you facebook, adalia rose is fucking horrific.

guitarplayer213s avatar guitarplayer213 Yeah You Are +34Reply
@guitarplayer213 "ADALIA ROSE SO BEUTIFUL GAIZ LIKE DIS PICTURE IF YOU LOVE JESUS AND PIZZA AND CATS, KEEP SCROLLING FOR SATAN, IF...

It bothers me when people post all over Facebook about how amazing she is, but it's not fair to call her "horrific."
She has a disease that causes her to look that way.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +65Reply
@Emperorerror Just because it's not her fault doesn't mean she isn't ugly

Yes, but it's still annoying when people complain about it as if she did something to offend them.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +6Reply
@justfuckmeup Yes, but it's still annoying when people complain about it as if she did something to offend them.

Oh, I suppose we're just interpreting guitar's comment differently, then, because it didn't sound like he was saying it that way to me.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Emperorerror Oh, I suppose we're just interpreting guitar's comment differently, then, because it didn't sound like he was...

"Fucking horrific" sounds like someone getting offended at someone's behavior to me.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +4Reply
@justfuckmeup "Fucking horrific" sounds like someone getting offended at someone's behavior to me.

Even though it has negative connotations, it seems as though it's more a description than taking offense.

@justfuckmeup It bothers me when people post all over Facebook about how amazing she is, but it's not fair to call her...

She's still ugly. It's bone structure that makes ugly people look that way. It's not their fault, but they're still ugly.

It's her mother who is the horrific one. She tried to raise awareness of progeria with Adalia but just ended up exploiting her.

The ones that I love are the "LYK DIS IN 3 SECONDS!!"

Bitch, what if I wanna like in in four?! I do what I want! un smilie

Ellens avatar Ellen Yeah You Are +30Reply
@Ellen The ones that I love are the "LYK DIS IN 3 SECONDS!!" Bitch, what if I wanna like in in four?! I do what I want!

"lyk dis in 3 seconds if you love your grandma! ignore if you want her to go to hell!"

Elena_Roger_s avatar Elena_Roger_ Yeah You Are +11Reply

I saw one where it was just a girl who buzzed her hair short but still had eyebrows/lashes (even though you can still keep eye hair during chemo) but the girl didn't have cancer and it was like "LIKE IF YOU HATE CANCER!!)

Then there's a page where all they post is pictures of girls trying to pose sexy but it'll say "like if you're over 4'8"!

@1801712

So many weird things in that screenie.
1. AOL. Wat. That's still around?
2. "Lift me in the AIR- Breastfeed me! Raise your OWN virtual BABY." .. I don't even know what to say.
3. And finally... "Steve Pirani, savior of bees." Oh.

Normas avatar Norma Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Frank_n_Furter I saw one where it was just a girl who buzzed her hair short but still had eyebrows/lashes (even though you can...

i saw one that said "like if you brush your teeth! If you scroll past, that means you don't!" it had like 99 likes cause I guess her friends are as idiotic as her.

"Reblog if you think cancer shouldn't exist" "Everyone should have this on their blog" "Screw you if you don't reblog this"

I hate those things so much...

@sighcantthinkofaname "Reblog if you think cancer shouldn't exist" "Everyone should have this on their blog" "Screw you if you don't...

"You have to be heartless if you scroll past this!"
scrolls past

"If you even hesitate to reblog, just unfollow me now"
unfollows

LittleReds avatar LittleRed Yeah You Are +32Reply

HOLY SHIT FIRST POTD. BRB PARTYING.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +11Reply

I feel like people do it because they feel bad..

@madisond I feel like people do it because they feel bad..

I don't understand why this is voted down. Most of the people calling her beautiful are either doing it to make themselves feel better or because they pity her. Personally, I do not find her beautiful on the outside; but her personality and her strength fighting her disease--that's a different story

Yeah, you know all those "LIKE IF U HATE CANCER SHARE 4 JESUS AN SCROL DOWN 2 GO 2 HELL!!!1!!!1ELEVEN!"

...Do you know how much willpower that took me just to type? I don't like sounding anti-social, especially talking about a social networking site, but my GOD some of these people are completely ignorant when it comes to the internet! I know they usually mean good, but they're overtaking my wall! I don't even know where they're coming from!

also why is everybody mangoes

GryndStones avatar GryndStone Yeah You Are +6Reply
@GryndStone Yeah, you know all those "LIKE IF U HATE CANCER SHARE 4 JESUS AN SCROL DOWN 2 GO 2 HELL!!!1!!!1ELEVEN!" ...Do you...

Not to sound like a prick or anything, but I believe the word is "asocial", not "anti-social"... Just a thought.

@1830504

yes mangoes
or are they bananas

GryndStones avatar GryndStone Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1830523

my god what have you done to me

GryndStones avatar GryndStone Yeah You Are +1Reply

OR EVEN WORSE, PEOPLE WHO POST PICTURES OF DYING/IMPOVERISHED CHILDREN WITH STATUSES LIKE "LIKE IF YOU HAVE A HEART! : :) ;3 AND SHARE THIS PAGE WITH YOUR FRIENDS!111 ;;;" LIKE WHAT THE HELL. YOU'RE GOING TO EXPLOIT SOMEONE SO YOU CAN GET SOME FUCKING LIKES? DO YOU EVEN HAVE A FUCKING CONSCIENCE? KILL YOURSELF. That shit was in capslock because it seriously makes me angry that people would use those pictures for facebook likes. Argh, I feel like dousing myself with gasoline when I see that.

That mindset merely dehumanizes people in a different way.

ihatebakass avatar ihatebakas Yeah You Are +4Reply

If people keep calling Adalia Rose beautiful why do they get mad when I say I want to fuck the shit out of her?

@Brettward95 If people keep calling Adalia Rose beautiful why do they get mad when I say I want to fuck the shit out of her?

Because that would make you a pedophile and people don't like pedophiles. Just a thought.

KirstenAnns avatar KirstenAnn Yeah You Are +7Reply
@1830482

I'm not a child molester ;__;

@1830718

Oh you know it bby cakes ;)

I think Adalia Rose is adorable, and I'm not saying that so I can feel good about myself. I genuinely think so. Her big head and little body are just so cute somehow.

Guys, seriously, being a cancer patient, I can say that most of us aren't beautiful, at all. We're bald, have skin and complexion issues (side effects of chemotherapy) as well as issues with about every other part of our body. Most of us have permanent surgery scars, or radiation scars, or medication scars, Furthermore, the medications we take screw with our bodies. Because we are all close to death, we do not have the "glowing healthy body" that is considered attractive.
And we aren't really "beautiful personalities" either. Half of the time we are cranky and mean and jealous of the rest of the world, because the rest of the world isn't stuck in the hospital for months at a time like we are.
I think our "beauty", so to speak, comes after we have survived the ordeal. Most of us are so happy to be out of the hospital, so happy to be healthy and alive that we turn into these perpetually smiling bobblehead-like optimists. And I think the beauty for a cancer patient comes from their strength, their strength to survive the hell they've been through and still come out smiling.

@1800197

While that may be true, many posts say things like, "share if you think she's the most beautiful girl in the world". I just think it's fake. It exploits illness for likes/shares.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1830400

No, they're sick. That's not visually appealing at all. Yes, some people with cancer are beautiful, but they're not beautiful because they have cancer.

pikabeaus avatar pikabeau Yeah You Are 0Reply

This us a reason I hated red sky In the morning. Anna was a fucking pompous pretentious butch.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are -1Reply

To be honest, I don't understand the "gay relationship" one...who is saying this? It just doesn't...make sense

@TommyUK1234 To be honest, I don't understand the "gay relationship" one...who is saying this? It just doesn't...make sense

Apparently gay couples are more in love because they face more discrimination and therefore have a deeper love for each other to want to go through that.....it's dumb. Gay people can be in love or they can have one night stands. WOW JUST LIKE STRAIGHT COUPLES.

@broadwaygleek Apparently gay couples are more in love because they face more discrimination and therefore have a deeper love for...

Right i know! I hate the way some gays try to draw a dinstinction between their feelings and emotions and other couples'. That IS dumb, for sure! And they expect to achieve equality through that thinking - hey! you already think you're more special, you wanna get to equality you have to work DOWN!

@GryndStone bla bla something about ignorance bla bla pity bla

I guess what I don't understand is, why say "in a gay relationship"? why not just "in a relationship" - isn't it the same either way? why single out the gays?

@TommyUK1234 I guess what I don't understand is, why say "in a gay relationship"? why not just "in a relationship" - isn't it...

Same reason why people say "gays' rights" instead of just "peoples' rights". I hate how people still separate the two.

@TheVibeAlchemist Same reason why people say "gays' rights" instead of just "peoples' rights". I hate how people still separate the two.

Yes I do agree with that in principle - but in fairness, gays do still have fewer fundamental rights in more places than average people, haha. I think when the issue is particularly about a gay thing (gay marriage for instance), then it's ok to use "gay rights", but when it's something everyone needs still, it's not right to apply "gay" to it.

I don't think people are trying to say these certain people are better than able-bodied people, but that they're just as good. I think it's mostly to get awareness out and stop bullying. Of course some people are not physically attractive at all, but the point is that just because they're born that way, it doesn't mean that they should be bullied for it. They're equal. That being said, Facebook is pretty annoying with all those pictures spamming everyone's newsfeeds.

Your post GMH