+266

It would be funny to make a movie, hype it up like nothing has ever been hyped up before, and then have it be a message on the screen saying something like "Now your mission is to go tell everyone you now about how incredible the film is" followed by an hour or 2 of darkness on the screen. You could troll the whole country/world within just a few months, amirite?

justfuckmeups avatar Jokes & Humour
36 17
The voters have decided that justfuckmeup is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

God, all I can think about is how fun it would be to design the commercials:

"Coming this Fall...It's the movie event of the decade...A four-way collaboration between the directors of The Notebook, Toy Story, The Avengers, and Inception...A passionate story of commitment in the face of giant robots and a global apocalypse...true love expressed through erotic sex in the command center of humanity's star battleship...with dinosaurs...and a marriage that will last forever. If you love a good action movie...slash romance...slash sci-fi...with full frontal nudity...and award-winning music...you know where you have to be. Playing soon at a theater near you."

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +58Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig God, all I can think about is how fun it would be to design the commercials: "Coming this Fall...It's the movie...

We'd need a good lawyer to find us loop holes out of actually having all that, though, or we'd probably get sued big time for false advertising.
Well, I guess the "If you love" part doesn't apply, but still, we'll have to lawyer up big time.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +10Reply

And it could still be a high budget film because you could hire some famous actors/actresses to make the commercials.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +34Reply

Amazing Idea!

If only everyone would be cool enough to troll along~

@Izu Amazing Idea! If only everyone would be cool enough to troll along~

If enough people did it, everyone else would probably think the ones who told the truth were lying.

But then they would probably be really curious, go see it, and maybe want to help the cause.
Maybe. It's unlikely, but it could happen.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are 0Reply

Twitter would ruin this way to fast =(

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +12Reply

Can this be the trailer? YouTube video thumbnail

eastcoasts avatar eastcoast Yeah You Are +11Reply
@eastcoast Can this be the trailer?

I am ashamed of the human race that this movie hasn't been made yet. We need to stop absolutely everything and put our entire national budget into making this real.

ScottyDs avatar ScottyD Yeah You Are +4Reply
@eastcoast Can this be the trailer?

@eastcoast I'll make it happen y smilie

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +2Reply

Are people really taking this idea that seriously? no smilie

What it should be so people will stay the two hours is just video of cute animals doing cute things

@DFletch What it should be so people will stay the two hours is just video of cute animals doing cute things

Yes! Okay, all (competent) amiriters, we need a super-cool name for our super-cool film corporation production company thing.

I'd be pissed off and demand my money back.

Also, that would never pass with theaters.

@1802101

I was never on MLIA. Did you ever stop to think that maybe, just maybe, that's not where that phrase originated from and not the only place it's used? I know it would obviously never happen because most people, as it's been said many times above, would get pissed, demand their money back, and not play along. It was a joke and something that I thought would be cool IF it did happen.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1802101

See the little topic box? Yeah, there's a reason that says "Fun/jokes" and "What if..."