+198

If someone makes a joke that is based on a racial stereotype, it does not make them racist. If someone laughs at a rape joke, it doesn't make them a rapist. If you cry because someone made a joke that was offensive to you, it does not make you a hero or a moral crusader. Let people laugh at whatever they want to, you can't say you fully understand something if you can't see the humour in it. If you want to make the world a better place then fucking find something WORTH criticizing, amirite?

JamesDs avatar Jokes & Humour
18 23
The voters have decided that JamesD is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Oh yeah and also: why are black people so tall? Cuz their knee grows!

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +21Reply
@Frank_n_Furter Oh yeah and also: why are black people so tall? Cuz their knee grows!

Its because we like to hang upside down like monkeys and that stretches our backs out! God, get your facts straight!

Chewbanshees avatar Chewbanshee Yeah You Are +1Reply

I agree that people are too sensitive, and I make racist jokes/references all the time. But we have to be cautious, because every racist stereotype or derogatory comment has a nugget of truth in how society views the world, and possibly how each of us views it too

Everyone seems to think if you don't laugh at racist/sexist/death jokes you're a weak, whiny prick. Maybe some people just don't like the contents of the joke, why is it so obligatory for me to shut my mouth and laugh along? Just like people have the right to joke about whatever they want, others have the right to say they don't like it.

Secondly, you exaggerate too much. Who cries over a racist joke and thinks they're a moral crusader because of it? Also, no, you don't have to find humor in something in order to truly understand it.

@spareseconds Everyone seems to think if you don't laugh at racist/sexist/death jokes you're a weak, whiny prick. Maybe some...

But who cares? People make such a big deal if someone gets offended over a joke. Laugh at any joke you want, but if I say I believe someone's wrong for laughing at it, why's am I suddenly more terrible than the one making a mean joke? Those jokes laugh purely at others' expense, and if others have a problem with it they can say so.

If someone's acting like an obnoxious asshole, then yes, please tell them so.

People who tell the joke insult the listener with the joke, so the listener is not at fault by insulting the joke-teller back.

It seems that the comments on this are all going to turn out to be borderline racist/sexist because it's ok if it's satire.

JamesDs avatar JamesD Yeah You Are +7Reply

Post: There should be a different word for African American, it's too long and saying black can be offensive.

Commenter 1: Nigger.

Commenter 2: THE FUCK! FHUEIFHYYIUFGFTIUE RACIST BITCH!

I'm paraphrasing of course, but the point still stands.

Frank_n_Furters avatar Frank_n_Furter Yeah You Are +6Reply

Lol moral crusader...

I used to always say this and got thumbs down. How can you say you can joke about one thing and not another? Abortion is funny, but rape isn't?(ex.) Laughing at something doesn't make you a horrible person or commit you to Hell.

DDasias avatar DDasia Yeah You Are 0Reply
@DDasia I used to always say this and got thumbs down. How can you say you can joke about one thing and not another?...

Precisely. I think it's important to find the humor in everything (when the time is right), because being serious about it all is hard work. Laughter eases the pressure and relaxes people

JamesDs avatar JamesD Yeah You Are +2Reply

Haha your mom just died