+217

It's really depressing when you haven't done anything extremely exciting over the summer and then your friends are like "I just got back from a month in Europe!". It's even worse when the same situation happens year after year. amirite?

laxgirl608s avatar
7 13
The voters have decided that laxgirl608 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1804903

Other kids: "I went swimming with the dolphins in Costa Rica!"
Me: "I... did nothing... except sleep..."

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +21Reply
@1804903

I remember freshman year my bio teacher asked, and literally everyone said, "I went down the shore." everyone

@1804903

I feel your pain. Most kids in my school live a very well-off life (and good for them). I can't afford luxurious tropical vacations, so I always feel lame when teachers ask the "what did you do this summer?" question.

kipkayifys avatar kipkayify Yeah You Are +7Reply

I played copius amounts of mafia on the amirite forums.

Statefarms avatar Statefarm Yeah You Are +7Reply

What will really be depressing is how everyone will be talking about their amazingly extravagant summer on the first day of school and I'll just be like "My brother died. I didn't have a good summer." Hopefully the teachers at my school know in advance not to ask me "How was your summer??" so I won't have to repeat myself over and over again. (Yes, my brother died on July 28th) -_- no I'm not asking for sympathy in any way, just that thought came to my mind when I read this post.

yeah. that happens to me all the time! I just try to think of the most exciting thing that I did, even if it is not that exciting

laxgirl608s avatar laxgirl608 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I've gotten used to it over the years. -_-

BuddyCakess avatar BuddyCakes Yeah You Are 0Reply