-53

Sometimes you have to wonder; was Satan the real bad guy in the Bible? Or was he just someone who had the guts to think of himself and stand his ground on things? Amirite?

mirandaamirites avatar Religion
4 26
The voters have decided that mirandaamirite is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Both statements are true. He was a bad guy who stood his ground.

@1808717

Except God's way is everyone helping everyone and Satan's way is everyone screwing everyone over.

@1808717

That's his job. He's punishing them not to punish them, but for the enjoyment of watching them suffer.

@1808717

I don't even watch My Little pony and I know Rainbow Dash is the most awesome.

@1808717

I feel like I have to say that Rarity is more fabulous than Rainbow Dash. Kaythanks.

No...He was the dickwad who ruined a perfect world.

@runnerdude No...He was the dickwad who ruined a perfect world.

Amazingly fun? You guys think religious means boring. That's not always true...

It's not perfect if it's boring! Perfectly exciting

Perfect maybe, but how fun would it be living in a world with no evil at all?

Think of all the humor that wouldn't exist if everyone was super nice and perfect.

I don't think religious means boring. I think perfect means boring.

Well, what could possibly happen that's exciting? I'm not trying to start an argument, I just want to hear your perspective.

I agree that most humor nowadays, generally insults someone (just to be funny), but it's not like jokes dont exist without being mean

I don't get how to answer this... Anything enjoyable in the world would be made better if it was perfect. I don't think heaven means never being challenged (school, sports, ect) but it means that you will always be strong and overcome the challenges through hard work

Makes for a great storybook discussion.

@1807939

I think you're forgetting the part where he dressed up as a snake and coaxed Eve into cursing all of human kind.

It was only wrong because then people could tell the difference between good and evil, but the point is that people were naturally good, and now they have the awareness of evil, and can be evil.

@1807939

Are we forgetting the part where he tempts Jesus in the middle of the desert? And his appearance on the night of the last supper?

@1807939

That's just an interpretation. If you read genesis 3, it only ever says serpent.

@1807939

God killed wayy more people than Satan ever did.

There is no biblical record of Satan ever ordering someone to kill someone else, unlike God, who has repeatedly demanded the deaths of those who commit even the smallest of offenses.
Satan will not be holding a massively dramatic ceremony full of blood and death for the return of his son to Earth. God apparently will. I could go on and on...but I mean God just seems like an oppressor to me.

I know Satan is the symbolization of "all evil" but let's put this in a different perspective. I'm very close friends with a Satantist. Basically, his view point is that he admires the Devil for rebeling against a controlling God who doesn't promote free-thinking and puts all these damn "rules/sins" in the Bible stating that if you don't follow them, you're going to a place where you burn for all eternity (where of course, Satan is at.) He doesn't like how he was put as the bad guy because he didn't act the way God wanted him to.

Although i'm no expert at the Bible (i'm Agnostic), what he said to me gave me the idea of this post. It makes you second-guess things.

mirandaamirites avatar mirandaamirite Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1807939

Let's say he wasn't. The snake is his symbol, and he's the root of all evil, so the snake would be his henchman at least.