-20

People say obama isn't extreme, but they don't realize he voted against the Born alive infant protection act 3 times when in illinois. This act would mandate that babies born alive living outside the mothers womb would be mandated to receive medical services. amirite?

Politics
0 25
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1808129

Fox News, perhaps.

The "born alive" portion of this act is defined in a manner that changes the meaning of what a fetus or embryo is, namely that they would be considered human. Bottom line, the bill was designed to prevent women from choosing their right to have an abortion. Just another instance of religion trying to play a role where it has no business to.

@ilikefurrywolves4815 there are plenty of people against abortion for non religious reasons though

Yes, but the people who brought up the act were doing it because of their religious faith

@lana There really aren't any

are you serious? don't be so ignorant. I understand that it seems like it's only the religious people getting attention for being pro life but there are people LIKE MYSELF that are against abortion for non religious reasons.

@lana Okay. What is your reason then?

well a fetus is a human being; they are living organisms made up of cells with human DNA. Also the heartbeat begins at around 4 weeks. Those are my main reasons why I think abortion is wrong. It's much more to it than that though and of course people will always have arguments against it. I'm just showing you that you don't need religious reasons to be against abortion

The original post didn't give me the impression that we were on the abortion topic. But I guess we are. All I've got to say is I'm shocked how "pro-choice" amirite community is. I don't see "pro-life" as necessarily a religious issue, and I still support an unborn fetus' chance at life and I'm not basing that position on religion.

Abortion should only be illegal after the baby has developed a brain, because then in my opinion they are alive and can feel pain.

So what If it was a vote for or against abortion, abortion is evil. I completely support this

@So what If it was a vote for or against abortion, abortion is evil. I completely support this

I hear lobotomies are pretty horrific to watch too. Your squeamishness has nothing to do with abortion as a right given to citizens.

We will always have younger citizens. Don't worry too much about.

Ok, so you don't fully understand what Planned Parenthood is.

PP does abortions, but that's not their main purpose. They give women STD tests, free breast cancer exams, free birth control, etc. That's what Planned Parenthood is.

good job conveniently leaving out that your only supporting reasons for that are because of religion. y smilie

Oh, I knew about most of those, but isn't it still on the taxpayers dole? Can we really afford this at the moment?

@Oh, I knew about most of those, but isn't it still on the taxpayers dole? Can we really afford this at the moment?

You know what we can't afford? Foster care, medical expenses, and housing for children who do not have parents with the ability to care for them. Planned Parenthood prevents that.

Have you seen what happens when a baby is killed during an abortion!!! They literally rip a baby apart. Its sad

And excuse me??? I'm really not religious and you generalizing me with religious people is pretty insulting

@Have you seen what happens when a baby is killed during an abortion!!! They literally rip a baby apart. Its...

i'm sorry but this type of video isn't going to help people magically become pro life.. it's just going to irritate people

It's not about how many young ppl there are, it's about a babies right to life when the baby has no reason not to be alive. And maybe there won't be a younger generation. Our fertility rate has been below the 2.11 replacement rate line for years, especially in blacks, who are most targeted by planned parenthoods

Okay, so explain to me what planned parenthood is. (coming from a I want to know about the other side point of view)

But what about our youngest citizens, the ones that will build the next generation. Besides, when has abortion become a "right"

I know that statement was a bit extreme, but I was in a hurry to support this post. I'm kind of split btw abortion being illegal except in certain circumstances , and you only getting it if you can pay for it. These gov. Funded planned parenthoods got to go.