+244

While some foods are very overly aprreciated (like nutella), there are also some foods that aren't given enough credit. Take salt, for example. It's nearly impossible to cook any decent meal with out it and yet you never hear anyone talk about how amazing salt is, amirite?

omgeetoasts avatar Food & Drink
1 22
The voters have decided that omgeetoast is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I see people eat nutella straight from the container. Try a spoonful of salt and let me know how it tastes.

Nutella is all right. It's not that great to me. It's a nice snack I guess, but I prefer to eat peanut butter.

I always give my credit to salt. I love salt, as does my friend.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +4Reply

My mom loves salt

i have a friend who is obsessed with salt, she keeps a salt shaker and/or salt packets in her purse and eats it all the time. and she goes on and on about how amazing salt is

kay_nic1695s avatar kay_nic1695 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The difference is that salt isn't much of a food.

@acisseJ The difference is that salt isn't much of a food.

I think you guys are taking this too seriously wary smilie

omgeetoasts avatar omgeetoast Yeah You Are +5Reply

Nutella is just a spread then, and not a food. Both are just added to food to add flavor.

Except for the fact that salt is a mineral.

You can eat nutella plain and get some sort of nutrition from it, it'll fill you up, and most likely, you're going to enjoy it. (Regardless of the fact that it's not so healthy.)

Do that with salt and you're probably going to throw up.

And I wasn't implying that nutella is an essential part of a diet.

Simply that nutella on it's own is much closer to being food than salt is alone. That's why they aren't really comparable.

lol you're right. But I still don't think they're comparable.

I wasn't disagreeing with you. If anything, I was strengthening your statement by contributing a simple fact.

But by definition, salt is a food. Not a very good food on it's own, but still food.