+186

Nice guys DON'T finish last, they just pursue the wrong types of girls, usually the hot but shallow ones. Some girls want a decent man, and some want a douchebag who mistreats them. You just have to find a girl who likes you for you, amirite?

ExtantDodos avatar Relationships
2 10
The voters have decided that ExtantDodo is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Am I sensing Jenna Marbles?

You could be a nice and non shallow girl that really doesn't like him.

GiggityGoo22s avatar GiggityGoo22 Yeah You Are +16Reply

No girl wants a douchebag who makes their life miserable. "Nice guys" just say that because they are so clouded by their own massive ego that they can't grasp why any girl would reject him. The girl and the "douchebag" obviously have mutual interests and that's why they're dating; not because she doesn't like nice people.

(Jenna Marbles!)

@spareseconds No girl wants a douchebag who makes their life miserable. "Nice guys" just say that because they are so clouded by...

Of course, but no one says "I want a douchebag". Chances are, if a girl is with a douchebag, they have things in common, like being materialistic or shallow or valuing looks. She probably doesn't consider him a douchebag.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are -4Reply

I never think of the saying "nice guys finish last" in terms of romance. I think it refers to life. In order to get far in life, you have to screw people over and be competitive (not always, but still). Nice guys don't have this ability, nor do they cheat, so they have to succeed the fair way, which takes years and years. This is why they finish last in life because they allow themselves to be stepped on and play defensive instead of offensive.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ No Way +6Reply

I've honestly never heard "nice guys finish last" used in real life

Eeeh, I always thought this saying was about sex :S... Some native English speaker please illuminate me!?