+291

It's better to read the book, then watch the movie, as opposed to watching the movie before you've read the book, amirite?

guitarplayer213s avatar Books
0 6
The voters have decided that guitarplayer213 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I like watching the movie first cuz then I'm not so disappointed with how it turned out.

I think watching the movie first is better because that way, you end up liking both and you're able to judge the movie apart from the book. When you read the book afterwards, you grow to like it in a different way because of all the things you missed out on with the movie.

@I think watching the movie first is better because that way, you end up liking both and you're able to judge the...

You're right, I should have phrased that better. I meant to say that sometimes, when you read a book then see the movie, you end up not liking the movie because it doesn't match the book but if you were to see the same movie before reading the book, you may have liked it more because there would be nothing to compare it to. I'm probably still not making much sense, I can't really think of a good way to phrase my point.

Anon: Just what I came here to say. Also, if the book is better (which, of course, it usually is), then it can enhance your appreciation of the book/movie altogether.

You say this in a way that seems to mean we will like it no matter which one we view first Maybe I'll see the movie first and still hate it.

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are -1Reply

I think it's more of a preference thing, but I do like to read the book first. That way I can imagine the appearances of the characters myself instead of just picturing the actors.

HMDuckys avatar HMDucky Yeah You Are +1Reply