-59

Before, people often used 'xoxo' as a casual sign-off. But now, it seems the 'o's have been made redundant and has become 'xxxx', amirite?

ItsBloodyBrilliants avatar
0 9
The voters have decided that ItsBloodyBrilliant is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Crustless Mushroom, Spinach and Leek Quiche adapted from Baking Bites
(I think it's better to have crustless quiche and save the calories for an extra piece of coffeecake)

1 medium leek, thinly sliced

6 oz. fresh baby spinach

4 oz. fresh white mushrooms, thinly sliced

3 large eggs

2 large egg whites

1/2 cup flour

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/4 tsp. salt

1 1/3 cups milk

1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400F.
Lightly grease a 10" quiche or tart pan.
Heat 1 Tbsp. oil in a skillet. When hot, add leeks and mushrooms. Saute until soft, but not browned. Add spinach and cook about one minute until it is wilted. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in milk, then stir in vegetable mixture and cheese. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until the center is set and the edges are golden brown.
Let set for at least 5 minutes before slicing.

I also made a second quiche that was very popular with the guys. Follow same directions, but swap out vegetables and Parmesan for smoked ham and pepper jack cheese.

Enjoy, because it'll be gone before you know it.
Whoops! lolautocorrect. Bye I mean!

Lens avatar Len No Way +13Reply

I would have agreed if there were only 3 x's.

@TheVibeAlchemist I would have agreed if there were only 3 x's.

Yes then it would have seemed like a deep metaphor for how society is shifting towards a more sexually open lifestyle wherein we can express sexual interest in people we speak to casually and make progress in physical relations quickly.

Or something.

Lens avatar Len No Way +11Reply

I just love how that last phrase there sums everything up.

My American friends use xo or xoxo still but people I've met from England or Australia use xx

IF I had no background knowledge on this, I would think the xxxx was like the place you sign at the end of a contract and would have been very confused to receive a text like that.