+205

Losing your virginity at 16 is not a bad thing if you are properly prepared (birth control, condoms), are aware of the possible consequences, and are mature enough to talk about it with your partner. If I decide to have sex, it shouldn't be considered horrible, amirite?

sheetalus avatar Relationships
1 40
The voters have decided that sheetalu is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1815004

usenameof18letters is 18. hehe smilie

@1815004

You're 18? Holy shit! I thought you were like 15 or 16!

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +8Reply
@1815004

You're just 18. TLC would view that as normal.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +2Reply

No, it's not a horrible thing, but it depends on the people involved. Be sure you're with someone who you can really trust and he/she doesn't pressure you into sex. Be sure you are taking precautions at not getting pregnant. You wouldn't want to have sex with someone who spreads around the school next day that he "scored" or quits talking to you after it. For me- I'm waiting until marriage to have sex, just so I know I'm making the right choices and it's not spur of the moment or something I'll regret the morning after

@1814834

Going to a doctor, maybe. But I went into a store and bought condoms (as a joke present for someone) when I was 13, and I DEFINITELY wouldn't have been ready for sex then, so it doesn't always follow.

Starlight_dragons avatar Starlight_dragon Yeah You Are +20Reply
@1814834

why wait til 16? that is sooo long

But are you emotionally prepared?

@Magic_Poptart But are you emotionally prepared?

No, you should know 100% that you are emotionally prepared for it before trying it. There are not just physical consequences of sex.

Just because you're aware of the consequences doesn't mean you're ready for them... But then again I don't know you and have no room to criticize

I lost it when I was 17, and even though I'm not with the same guy anymore, I don't regret it because I still care about him.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +11Reply

I'm not judging, but having the stress of pregnancy or STDs whilst in school is unecessary. I have the peace of mind that, if my period is late, I don't have to have an anxiety attack, because I know there's no possibility of my oven being bun-filled. I can't imagine that constant worrying. Waiting at least until you're done with high school just makes more sense to me.

I don't get why some people feel like other people's virginity is any of their business. If you want to have sex, go for it. If not, don't.

poppinyoualls avatar poppinyouall Yeah You Are +7Reply

It's not a horrible thing at whatever age you truly feel ready. I was 14 and don't regret it for a second. If you do it when you're 14, 16, 18, 21 or 35, it makes no difference as long as you're reasonably responsible, honestly feel ready and not doing it because someone is pressuring you.

silvershadow6s avatar silvershadow6 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1815342

Cause nobody cares

@1815342

I don't know why this is voted down

@1816137

This is sound advice. You don't want anyone to get falsely accused of rape because you were a few months away from the age of consent.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1816137

That sucks! He should try to get a better lawyer. It's the ex-girlfriend who should go to jail for lying in court and locking an innocent person behind bars. Lying about rape only makes people distrust actual rape victims.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are -2Reply

How about you keep your hormones locked up for a while until you're older and more mature? Just because you think you're ready when you're 16, doesn't mean you really are. And even if you were actually ready when you're 16, you can still wait. Anyways this is your life and body and I have no right to decide for you, but it's just that I don't get why it's considered okay nowadays to lose your virginity before you can even vote or drink! It's okay if people don't want to keep their virginity till marriage I guess, but they could at least wait till they're over 20.

Mayas avatar Maya No Way -4Reply
@Maya How about you keep your hormones locked up for a while until you're older and more mature? Just because you think...

@Blacklightsandqueens I know that high school students have been having sex since forever but I mean it has become more publicly accepted now a days and more spread. Everyone can do whatever they want, I'm not the one who decides, but it just seems like most people think now that it's wrong to still be a virgin in highschool/college, and even more wrong to wait until marriage.

@Femmanist: Yes because every teenager is capable of making wise and safe decisions! I think that even I myself don't always make wise decisions and sometimes make ridiculous decisions that I regret later.

Mayas avatar Maya No Way +2Reply

What's the point in waiting until you are 20? I see no problem with starting having sex when you are young as long as you are capable of making wise, safe decisions.

Yeah but most teenagers who lost their virginity at a young age didn't lose it because they were "ready", they were just horny and fucking stupid.

Mayas avatar Maya No Way 0Reply
@Maya Yeah but most teenagers who lost their virginity at a young age didn't lose it because they were "ready", they were...

You are completely right. Teenagers are incapable of making intelligent informed decisions about their sex life. They're just horny sluts with no morals or judgement. Thank god we have people on the internet like you to tell them how they ought live their lives.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are +2Reply

Just because you don't feel ready for sex doesn't mean everyone else needs to wait too. Many people of all ages make mistakes in their sex life. It has to do with maturity and knowledge, not simply how old you are.

It makes more sense to wait until you're ready than to wait until you turn 21 or get married.

fEMMAnists avatar fEMMAnist Yeah You Are -1Reply

Its not a horrible thing. . .but it's not a good thing either.

Izus avatar Izu Yeah You Are -4Reply
Anonymous