+288

It's okay to be a young adult and still be living with your parents, amirite?

maumaus avatar Life
1 15
The voters have decided that maumau is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, especially if you are pursuing many years of higher education. I probably won't have a steady job until I am 21, and the real pay won't start coming in until I'm around 25 or 26.

_Jojo_s avatar _Jojo_ Yeah You Are +22Reply

Yes, but after a certain point you should start helping out financially. Pay your own cell phone bill, help out with groceries, things like that.

It's okay at any age. Nothing gives one person the right to try and judge another's circumstances.

@dzmax It's okay at any age. Nothing gives one person the right to try and judge another's circumstances.

That's true too, but I feel like out of all the demographics, young adults get picked on the most.

Besides 30 year old men d smilie. JK

maumaus avatar maumau Yeah You Are +10Reply

Depends what you mean by young adult

Fv92s avatar Fv92 Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Fv92 Depends what you mean by young adult

Then yes i agree. But by 25 they should at least be saving to get their own place

Fv92s avatar Fv92 Yeah You Are +16Reply

Around 18-25. Give or take a few years.

maumaus avatar maumau Yeah You Are +12Reply

My boyfriends whole home is the same size as my bathroom, and he lives with two other people...I would much rather live at home until I can afford something decent.

Emaphinas avatar Emaphina Yeah You Are +8Reply

Housing is incredible expensive here. We don't have much land, and a 4 room (including living room) government apartment can cost around a million dollars, about 100k or so must be paid upfront.

To put things in perspective, it costs the same to buy a large (I think 10k-20k or less sq feet land area) as it is to buy a small (but one the expensive ones) island in the Caribbean.

B10ckH34ds avatar B10ckH34d Yeah You Are +2Reply

As a current senior in college one word strikes fear into my heart: loans. There is your reason to stay home.

This comment was deleted.
@1818598

How did you afford rent so young ?

maumaus avatar maumau Yeah You Are +8Reply
@1818598

Well thats another story wary smilie

@1818715

Some people just can't afford to move out on, I'm sure a lot of people would move out if they could. So they shouldn't be judged if they have to live with their parents.

Or you could just have a really great relationship with your parents and both parties want to continue living together.

Point is, noone should be judged based on where they (have to) live.

maumaus avatar maumau Yeah You Are +14Reply
@1818715

Coming from someone who thinks paying bills and utilities is no big deal, you saying "all those kids would survive" if they were to be kicked out of their parents house seems pretty invalid.

Whether or not someone chooses to stay with their parents, they shan't be judged.

And your ideas of why people don't move out of their homes don't apply to all cases.

maumaus avatar maumau Yeah You Are +9Reply
@1818715

"The problem that most frequently arises is the kid believes they can do whatever they want when they become adults, the parents live by 'my house, my rules."
How about you work to create a better relationship between you and your parents?

And yes, it is a big deal to pay rent and utilities, plus petrol, food, clothes, health, recreation, not to mention finding a job in the first place. Things are really expensive.

silvershadow6s avatar silvershadow6 Yeah You Are +1Reply