-105

Casual sex is a concept that should not exist, amirite?

Bonkavas avatar Life
0 31
The voters have decided that Bonkava is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

i havent disagreed with a post more than i disagree with this one in a long time.
I live in Utah so ive had this shit crammed down my throat by countless Mormon nut-jobs that surround me. FUCK THAT. Its my dick, I will put it in whomever i want, as long as both parties consent to it. I'm above the age of consent, i can choose to make that decision. What kind of big brother society do you want where we are forbidden from casual sex?

@I'm sorry you've had What crammed down your throat ?

the belief that casual sex/premarital sex is not ok

@MyHotHotJam the belief that casual sex/premarital sex is not ok

There is a big difference between casual and premarital sex.

Bonkavas avatar Bonkava Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Bonkava There is a big difference between casual and premarital sex.

i know that but both are ok imho based on the principle that consenting adults can do what they want with their bodies

Go move to Iran; you'll like it there.

If you don't like it, don't have it, but you have no right to tell people where to stick their penis.

I don't like casual sex either so keep a monocle and a top hat next to my stash of condoms. When the time comes, I keep that shit formal.

What about formal sex?

i want op to back their argument

If anything casual sex should be getting more and more popular. With more certain methods of birth control and cures or treatments for almost every STD, it would make sense now more than ever.

I think that casual sex would be great if I weren't in a relationship, sex is a very effective way to get rid of stress.

Lens avatar Len No Way +6Reply

BUT IT SOUNDS LIKE SO MUCH FUN

I would never have casual sex. Blech.
But if others like it, good for them.

Too bad it does... casual sex exists because people need it to exist. You can't say a basic behavior 'shouldn't' exist. Nature doesn't exactly work like that.

I'll help OP out for the sake of argument...

Birth controls and condoms aren't 100% and not only that but many casual sexers, as I like to call them, neglect forms of contraceptives which lead to yet another unwanted baby. Ideally, a man and woman would find their mate, produce offspring, and raise their offspring together. When we apply casual sex, we take out the "find their mate" aspect which leads to (usually) a single mother. Single mother's child then grows up seeing a family with just one parents as ideal and then seeks to continue the pattern.

@StickCaveman I'll help OP out for the sake of argument... Birth controls and condoms aren't 100% and not only that but many...

That may be society's view, but that's not evolution's view. Naturally, we'd all be part of a large group, and when a woman wants a baby, she sleeps with all of the men in that group. Following that, casual sex isn't just a concept, it's the concept.

In that case, umm.. what about the large group the woman sleeps with? When one male is successful at impregnating her, hasn't it been a tradition for many years that he help raise the child? Or not necessarily raise but provide for the mother and child by killing buffalo and elk as depicted in my tattoo?

I'm under the impression that the women raise their children as a group while the men provide for the group of women. The point of mating with all the men is that so no male knows whose child it is, else a male who knows it's not his child kills it.

If I didn't have a girlfriend I would do it with bunch of different people. You know why? Because sex feels good and I like it. Single people should not be deprived of sex just for being single.

...No. Just, no.
It's not hurting you or anyone else for someone to have casual sex with other people. Plus, SEX FEELS PRETTY DAMN GOOD- if anyone wants to embrace that fact then it's none of my buisness.

It's called conjugal coitus.