-182

If you worked at chick-fil-a you'd give gay people a discount for being brave enough to eat there, amirite?

thraincloudzs avatar People & Celebrities
1 16
The voters have decided that thraincloudz is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

1. I probably wouldn't have that authority.
2. It's not like Chick-Fil-A personal tortures gay people.

How is that being brave? Is it brave for people who are against gay marriage to buy Oreos?

@How is that being brave? Is it brave for people who are against gay marriage to buy Oreos?

Im personally against gay marriage but I'd never even consider not buying Oreos

I personally dislike it when people decide to boycott Chic-fil-a because the CEO, one person, states their opinion. Chic-fil-a already has Christian parts of it; it's closed on Sunday. There is nothing brave about eating at a restaurant that expresses Christian views that aren't even that outrageous.

@Wunderscore I personally dislike it when people decide to boycott Chic-fil-a because the CEO, one person, states their opinion...

Except they've donated money to anti-gay organizations. So by spending your money there, you might inadvertently be donating to a cause you don't support.

So because those organizations aren't EVIL enough, it's okay to keep supplying them with revenue?

If you're gonna stop eating at Chick Fil A also stop shopping at Forever 21 & Hobby Lobby because they also support Christian values...& those are just two of the numerous companies. Chick Fil A certainly isn't the only company in the world to support Christian values so I don't know why they're the only ones getting blamed.

I work at chick fil a and to be honest I'm not sure if I would give them a discount. To many people blame the the employees that work there for the views held by the company. For most of it it's just a job, a way to make ends meet and pay bills. I wouldn't give them special treatment just because they were gay, I'd treat them equally just like any other customer. Because tbh I dont think they want special treatment for their sexual preferences, I think they just wanted to be treated like everyone else. but thats just my 2 cents. They are brave to go in there, but it's really just like any fast food place. we're not going to run out with pitch forks and chase them out of the restaurant. A lot of employees, like myself, don't really care.

Chic-fil-a employees were told to remain neutral throughout the whole controversy. This actually became a problem for many gay chic-fil-a employees who had to endure homophobic insults all day from customers who were there to support Chic-fil-a's position on same-sex marriage. And as the scientist said, a Chic-fil-a employee probably would not have the authority to give gay customers a discount.

Where's Geff/cheshire_cat when you need him?

@goodtime Where's Geff/cheshire_cat when you need him?

Just what I was gonna say. Let's call him down... GEEEEFFFFFFFFF!!!!

I'd give someone a discount for being brave enough to say they work for Chick-Fi-A because of the crap people give them.

If I worked at Chick-Fil-A... well, I wouldn't, because I'd have quit my job by now.