+125

You know society's in the shitter when good grades are something to be ashamed of, amirite?

justfuckmeups avatar Education
8 24
The voters have decided that justfuckmeup is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@1822106

I mostly meant that there are certain people who look down on you if you have good grades, not society in general.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -1Reply

The opinions of your social circle are not those of the entire world.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way 0Reply
@dzmax The opinions of your social circle are not those of the entire world.

Did I not just say in my comment above that I was speaking generally?

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -6Reply
@justfuckmeup Did I not just say in my comment above that I was speaking generally?

I didn't read your comment above, but mine still stands if that is the case - generally, 'society' covers a lot of people and you can't possibly speak for it on the basis of what you might have observed.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way +1Reply
@dzmax I didn't read your comment above, but mine still stands if that is the case - generally, 'society' covers a lot...

'Society' is usually referring to a general message that is sent about something (I realize that's not very good wording, but I hope you get what I mean). I'm not saying the majority of people look down on those who get good grades, but it does seem to be those people who do whose voices get heard the most.

@justfuckmeup 'Society' is usually referring to a general message that is sent about something (I realize that's not very good...

I don't get what you mean because, as you said, it is worded rather badly. As I said, your own observations do not match everyone's. Go to a top university where everyone has worked their asses off to be there, and you would soon stop saying that society hates education. You're in high school, I expect - of course learning is going to be uncool, because it always is when you're in high school. It's all relative.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way +1Reply
@dzmax I don't get what you mean because, as you said, it is worded rather badly. As I said, your own observations do not...

When people complain about society, they're referring to the message that pop culture sends about something. Like when people say "Society made me this way", they don't actually mean that a lot of people said things to them that caused them to change, but they got a message by reading magazines, watching T.V., etc. that they should change.

....Yeah, that's pretty much exactly what I was talking about.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are 0Reply
@dzmax I don't really know what you just said but sure, whatever.

And I really don't understand why you're not understanding, but sure, whatever.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -4Reply
@justfuckmeup And I really don't understand why you're not understanding, but sure, whatever.

You're saying things that people just don't say where I'm from so I don't know, maybe it's a high school thing. I don't know. I don't really care.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way +1Reply
@justfuckmeup You cared enough to write a comment.

I cared enough to make you aware that I don't care enough to put actual thought into what I'm saying. I thought you should know.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way -2Reply
@dzmax I cared enough to make you aware that I don't care enough to put actual thought into what I'm saying. I thought you...

If you don't care enough to put thought into what you're saying, why write a comment in the first place?

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +1Reply
@justfuckmeup If you don't care enough to put thought into what you're saying, why write a comment in the first place?

I'm not actually reading what you're saying anymore but I'm still replying because it's courteous.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way +4Reply
@dzmax I'm not actually reading what you're saying anymore but I'm still replying because it's courteous.

And you find it entertaining to be a dick for no reason at all, amirite?

@dzmax Grow a little.

You're being a complete smartass and I need to grow up?
Well all right then.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are -3Reply
@justfuckmeup You're being a complete smartass and I need to grow up? Well all right then.

When someone doesn't understand what you mean they try to be a smartass to end the conversation.

OnePiecepkmns avatar OnePiecepkmn Yeah You Are +3Reply
@OnePiecepkmn When someone doesn't understand what you mean they try to be a smartass to end the conversation.

I will freely admit that I don't have a clue what "'Society' is usually referring to a general message that is sent about something" is meant to mean. However, I am not trying to be a smartass; this is my normal patronising self that shows itself when people chat complete and utter rubbish.

dzmaxs avatar dzmax No Way +2Reply