-31

As long as you're not doing it around children, there is nothing wrong with smoking. You have every right to fuck up your own health, amirite?

Life
0 22
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Stay away from me too, I'm not a fan of the smell.

that was kind of what i meant, I put in children because if you live with children and smoke around them they get the effects a lot more than you walking through a cloud of smoke for two seconds

I say do whatever you want, so long as I don't need to pay for your medical bills.

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +7Reply
@PhilboydStudge I say do whatever you want, so long as I don't need to pay for your medical bills.

Is that a thinly veiled dig at universal healthcare? hahaha. You know, under the socialized system, usually doctors do better because they get bonuses for getting people to quit smoking, as well as other things like reduce their cholesterol. But I guess fairness and accessibility to healthcare aren't for EVERYONE, ey? :-P

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@TommyUK1234 Is that a thinly veiled dig at universal healthcare? hahaha. You know, under the socialized system, usually doctors...

I know, I know... it probably looks that way. But if you knew me, you would know that I'm not that guy. To be honest, I'm torn on the whole universal healthcare issue. On the one hand, I believe that people should have the right to do whatever they want, so long as they don't hurt anybody else. But on the other hand, I want to live in a society that is civilized enough to care for sick people who cannot care for themselves. Perhaps in the small print they could include some wording about self-inflicted wounds may not be covered. :-)

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +1Reply

ok sure, but WHY do you want to fuck up your health?

@speckleasme ok sure, but WHY do you want to fuck up your health?

It's not that they want to, it's just that they are so addicted that they are now joking about it.

You may have every right to fuck up your own life, but if you're someone I care about, I will try to stop you.

yeah i agree with the sentiment, but "children" should be changed to something more general, as in "others" --- not limited just to one group. But I follow your sentiment

TommyUK1234s avatar TommyUK1234 Yeah You Are +4Reply

Of course. It's just like recreational drugs. As long as you can do it with minimal danger to the people around you, go right ahead.

AtheisticMystics avatar AtheisticMystic Yeah You Are +2Reply

Contrary to popular propaganda, second hand smoke is pretty much harmless unless you get locked in an unventilated room filled with smokers for several hours. Of course, it's still incredibly rude and inconsiderate to deliberately expose someone to smoke who clearly doesn't want it.

It also can hurt those close to the smoker. What if they get cancer? Not only does it effect them, but it effects their family and friends.

@1823436

SO? THye still get cancer eventually.

@1823495

The damage has already been done though. The idea is to quit before you harm yourself.

@EpicGymnast The damage has already been done though. The idea is to quit before you harm yourself.

And before you harm others

I meant to add that in but my brain was going faster than I was typing and I thought I typed it already.

@1823436

I'd say that would affect the friends and family.

If you don't want to be around smoke, go to church.

eldoritos avatar eldorito Yeah You Are 0Reply
@eldorito If you don't want to be around smoke, go to church.

Not everyone who doesn't like smoke goes to church...

I feel like there was some joke you had and I'm just not getting it...