-57

So much of what we do to get ready to go somewhere has to do with smell. We shower, often with scented soaps/shampoos/conditioners. We brush our teeth. We put on deodorant, perfume, cologne, etc. This is odd, amirite?

BuffyInTheTARDISs avatar Life
0 9
The voters have decided that BuffyInTheTARDIS is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

The brushing teeth / showering part isn't specifically to make the smell go away, it's to actually clean ourselves. The smell is a side effect of being unclean.
You're right about deodorant and perfume though.

@The brushing teeth / showering part isn't specifically to make the smell go away, it's to actually clean ourselves...

I was thinking more about the scented stuff. We could use unscented soap and toothpaste; it would work just as well. But we choose to use the scented ones.

@Frank_n_Furter Is there such a think as un scented body soap and tooth paste?

Soap, yes. I think some of the Dial brand soaps are unscented (but don't quote me on that), and probably others. Toothpaste, I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye out. smile smilie

@BuffyInTheTARDIS Soap, yes. I think some of the Dial brand soaps are unscented (but don't quote me on that), and probably others...

The water in my area really lacks fluoride, so I got this toothpaste from my dentist to help compensate, and it doesn't really have a taste or scent.

Thatbitchs avatar Thatbitch Yeah You Are 0Reply

How is that odd? A lot of people smell nasty when they wake up (especially with their breath).

Thank god because I would probably harm myself or others if no one showered or brushed their teeth

Brushing your teeth is for cleaning your teeth, WITH THE ADDED BONUS of having a minty (or whatever) smell to it. Same for showering