+253

if homosexuality was really a life style choice, don't you think those little boys that are getting beat up and called faggots everyday would chose not to be gay? amirite?

Guiniveeres avatar Relationships
11 21
The voters have decided that Guiniveere is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This has always been my argument.

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +8Reply

I'm pretty sure bullies beat up little boys because they are small. They might call them gay, but that doesn't make them gay.

@AndyBlacksmith I'm pretty sure bullies beat up little boys because they are small. They might call them gay, but that doesn't make...

OP's argument still stands. Why would you become something that people accuse you of as if its a bad thing?

Bully: "Haha, I bet he likes kissing boys! Ew! Disgusting!!"

Victim: "Maybe I should kiss boys, then they'll like me!"

meemer147s avatar meemer147 Yeah You Are +21Reply
@meemer147 OP's argument still stands. Why would you become something that people accuse you of as if its a bad thing?...

I agree with the conclusion, that being gay is not a choice, but I disagree with how they got there. They seem to assume that all gay people were picked on as children. Even just saying that it couldn't be a choice because others don't like it but they don't decide to grow up straight anyway is kind of skewed. A lot of people still would anyway.

@SkylarOctavious Well, yes, but there are boys who are openly gay, that get beat up for it.

That doesn't mean anything really. Kids get beat up for being different in any way that others have trouble understanding.

@SkylarOctavious Exactly...

You missed my point entirely. Great job.

@AndyBlacksmith You missed my point entirely. Great job.

I didn't, but what you said proved my point, and could be applied to you too.

@SkylarOctavious I didn't, but what you said proved my point, and could be applied to you too.

No it didn't. Let me put it this way. Yes, there are kids that get beat up for being gay. There are also kids that get beat up for collecting Pokemon cards. What the post is saying doesn't prove that it's how you are born. Somebody could go through that and still choose too anyway. Like I said, I agree with the conclusion just not how OP got to it.

@AndyBlacksmith No it didn't. Let me put it this way. Yes, there are kids that get beat up for being gay. There are also kids that...

You can choose not to collect Pokemon cards. You cannot choose to be gay, or to be straight. You are born that way.

names avatar name Yeah You Are 0Reply
@name You can choose not to collect Pokemon cards. You cannot choose to be gay, or to be straight. You are born that way.

You people don't know how to read very well do you? I agree with the fact that it's a choice but their reasoning does not make sense. OP is saying that being gay can't be a choice because kids get beat up for it but still grow up to be gay. That's not true. Kids get beat up for all sorts of things that are choices. I am saying that, while I don't believe that it is a choice, the above post is not a valid argument towards that fact.

@1827231

Some people choose to do what they want despite what they endure. That's what I'm trying to say. Again, no I do not believe it is a choice, it's just that the post is not the best example of that.

@1827231

Thanks for pointing that out, I did mean to say that I agree that it is NOT a choice.

@AndyBlacksmith Thanks for pointing that out, I did mean to say that I agree that it is NOT a choice.

OP is saying that being gay can't be a choice because kids get beat up for it but still grow up to be gay....
THATS NOT WHAT THE OP IS SAYING.

This was about people who bully guys/girls who are actually gay. But either way, like meemer147 said, the point is valid either way.

justfuckmeups avatar justfuckmeup Yeah You Are +1Reply

lots of dudes who DID NOT GET BEAT UP as kids also came out as gay , such as famous footballers, hockey players , etc.

Snickers avatar Snicker Yeah You Are -1Reply