+48

From an economic standpoint, the 3 largest economies are failing (America is barely hanging on, Europe is pretty messed up too, & even China is having issues now). Socially, there's unrest in the Middle East, sparks are flying between China and Japan, & with the 2012 election near, America will experience more turmoil. From an environmental standpoint, the world has been experiencing odd weather unlike ever seen before in the past. With everything going on it the world, Dooms Day seems too re... amirite?

mNmL0ver14s avatar News & Current Events
0 21
The voters have decided that mNmL0ver14 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I agreed up until the Dooms Day part. Also, how could you neglect to mention Occupy Wall Street?

Continuous human turmoil has existed since the beginning. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

@spareseconds Continuous human turmoil has existed since the beginning. This is nothing out of the ordinary.

of course it has. I'm not saying it hasn't, but i don't agree where you say it's not out of the ordinary. When was the last time you saw uprisings like this in the Middle East, or things looking this grim for so many countries all at once? It's been centuries since something this substantial has happened WORLD WIDE.

mNmL0ver14s avatar mNmL0ver14 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@spareseconds World War I and II.

not even. I don't remember specific details about other countries, but I know for the U.S., both wars stimulated the U.S. economy, increased employment and wages, and brought great profit to industry. So even then not all 3 superpowers were in such disparity as now. And not to mention, you're not looking at it from all the aspects. Look at the number of countries rebelling against their government at the same time and the unnatural weather.

mNmL0ver14s avatar mNmL0ver14 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@mNmL0ver14 not even. I don't remember specific details about other countries, but I know for the U.S., both wars stimulated...

Well, the 3 superpowers are not in serious trouble; not trouble enough for us to fall severely down the list. For one, China is rising more than it is falling. (I may be incorrect on that).I don't know quite enough about the world wars to debate with you on that, but I'm not sure I agree with you that this point in time contains the greatest amount of human turmoil, ever. Even if it was, it's still the teeniest bit outlandish to say that because there is a lot of unrest, that the world is going to end.

@spareseconds Well, the 3 superpowers are not in serious trouble; not trouble enough for us to fall severely down the list. For...

here's the problem with my post. I ran out of characters, or else in lieu of "Doom's Day" I would have written December 2012. I don't necessarily believe the world will end, but I do believe SOMETHING is happening, like a shifting of powers, a new era, or some kind of monumental event

But just to show you that things are failing with China...
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2...on-report.html

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/83435...#axzz26y68zXfe

@mNmL0ver14 here's the problem with my post. I ran out of characters, or else in lieu of "Doom's Day" I would have written...

That I agree with. Yep, I do believe a new change in order is due quite soon, but not within the next 50 years at least.

What Weird weather?

@davidsplanteII What Weird weather?

http://www.weather.com/news/ten...ather-20120709

not to mention various earthquakes, wildfires, etc
there have been a lot of records set (other than the one mentioned) within the past year or so

mNmL0ver14s avatar mNmL0ver14 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@davidsplanteII Guess your right....dooms day is coming :(

This is all likely the result of climate change, and this will only worsen if we do not find alternate and cleaner forms of energy.

Getting closer to end times. This is all just like the Bible predicts. Discuss.

Doomsday seems too what?

@mchalla3 Doomsday seems too what?

Yeah it was supposed to say real. I made the post so it would fit the exact # of characters I could use, but then I went back to fix a grammatical error and the "amirite part" made me exceed my characters :(

this is scary :(

is doomsday the 21st of december or the 12th?

@CloKamali this is scary :( is doomsday the 21st of december or the 12th?

Most people say December 21st although I've heard that the date should actually be the 28th because the Mayans use 8 base for their calendars instead of base 10, but don't quote me on that because I haven't done the research on it myself.

mNmL0ver14s avatar mNmL0ver14 Yeah You Are -2Reply