+67

Gay people: The hardest thing to experience is feeling true love for someone who will never love you back because they're straight. amirite?

Life
5 11

It is MUCH more difficult for a gay relationship to happen versus straight. First, both parties must be gay, and second, both people have to know that the other person is gay.There is significantly less gay people than straight and one's sexuality is'nt often apparent to others. Whether you want to admit it or not, gays DO have it much harder relationship wise than straights. This post is not reffering to unreturned love in general but highlighting the difficulties of being gay which straights do not experience. So NO, this post is NOT the same as a straight falling in love with a gay.

Unless you're me.
I had a crush on my best friend whom I assumed was totally straight. She thought she was straight too, but it turns out she wasn't (it just so happened that she had never liked a girl before me). When I told her I liked her, she said she liked me too.
Now we've been dating for 3 years.

It's really confusing because I tell myself that I'll be sure to keep my straight friends as only friends in my mind. Occasionally though somebody manages to cross over to love interest in my brain and I get depressed.

tags avatar tag Yeah You Are +1Reply

That too.

Unrequited love happens with straight people too. The moral of the story is you can't make someone love you so move on.

@Unrequited love happens with straight people too. The moral of the story is you can't make someone love you so move on.

If a straight person falls in love with a straight person of the opposite gender, the chances are higher that the person will love them back. That's typically never the case when a gay person falls in love with a straight one.

@If a straight person falls in love with a straight person of the opposite gender, the chances are higher that the...

What Statefarm said... I could fall in love with a lesbian but she'll never truly love me like that.

Also, chances might be higher if I fall in love with someone straight of the opposite sex, but probably not. If somebody doesn't have the same feelings you have for them, there's nothing you can do about it.

I'd agree, except I've never experienced true love. Only really deep crushes. If you said that, I'd YYA because I've experienced that a shit ton.