+45

If someone maliciously and intentionally takes away the right of living from another human being, then that person automatically relinquishes having that right for himself, amirite?

ContinuityMistakes avatar Politics
3 14
The voters have decided that ContinuityMistake is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Life is not a right, especially not one that belongs to the government.

Yeah, great message. Show them that killing is wrong by killing them.

@shelbme Yeah, great message. Show them that killing is wrong by killing them.

The point isn't to teach killing is wrong by killing a killer. It's justice for the victim's family and ensures they can't kill again.

Or show them how it feels when they're put in a situation where someone else is controlling their fate.

@ContinuityMistake Or show them how it feels when they're put in a situation where someone else is controlling their fate.

That doesn't make sense; by that logic the people that give them the death penalty should die too.

@shelbme That doesn't make sense; by that logic the people that give them the death penalty should die too.

It's not about that...something tells me they already knew killing was wrong. It's more about punishment...which is still debatable

I agree with the general concept of the post, however, I oppose the death penalty because for its execution, it needs a verdict from a judicial system that its reliability has always been put to question. So, it is more for me about making sure that whoever is punished is actually the killer.

Rasheds avatar Rashed Yeah You Are +1Reply

I'm sorry, what?

I couldn't agree more. I actually posted something along these lines a little while ago.

@AtheisticMystic I couldn't agree more. I actually posted something along these lines a little while ago.

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see it. :P But I was just thinking a lot about the death penalty today.

@ContinuityMistake Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't see it. :P But I was just thinking a lot about the death penalty today.

Oh no I'm not claiming that you copied my post or anything. This is worded better than mine, anyway.

Goes for animal cruelty too.

silvershadow6s avatar silvershadow6 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I agree, but it seems like you are supporting the government acting on that, which I do NOT support. I oppose the death penalty.