+141

It would suck if you were a famous celebrity, and after everyone knew your name - you decided your calling was actually to be a teacher or a sanitation worker, amirite?

Kristaas avatar Life
4 8
The voters have decided that Kristaa is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

That is actually how I want to live my life. I've always wanted to do something huge scientifically that makes my name a household name, like be the first man on Mars or something along those lines, and then settle down and be a high school math teacher. My 12th grade economics teacher was a professor at Harvard, and he never actually taught me economics, but he was so overqualified for his job that nobody could say anything about it.

It's a damn good thing I don't want to be any of those things.

Actually I hear being a sanitation work pays very well, that wouldn't be a terrible option considering I'm thick skinned. Or I suppose stuffy nosed. hmm smilie

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Len It's a damn good thing I don't want to be any of those things. Actually I hear being a sanitation work pays very...

You're sick? Feel better!
Also, I think I found my calling. To be a mechanical engineer. Which is odd for an 85 pound girl.

Kristaas avatar Kristaa Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Kristaa You're sick? Feel better! Also, I think I found my calling. To be a mechanical engineer. Which is odd for an 85...

I'm always sick thank you for the well wishes never the less.
Mechanical engineer, that sounds a lot more interesting than being a librarian, like me.

What sort of things do you intend to do as a mechanical engineer? I love hearing about this sort of thing (other people's professions/passions).

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Len I'm always sick thank you for the well wishes never the less. Mechanical engineer, that sounds a lot more...

I get the always being sick part. I have food poisening at the moment, which sucks. But anyway, I used to think I wanted to produce music videos but now I see that fixing cars is so much more fun. I see my neighbor do it a lot, and Im trying to learn the voculabulary and get stronger, cause it looks like you have to be quite fit to do it. I have some time, as Im only 16 so that helps.
Hows life in the librarian business?

Some member of queen (I forget who) has a PhD in astrophysics and teaches at some college

Why would it suck? If this were true, you would basically have your choice of where you would go work in the field you love.....