+75

Presidents are human, but they never take the time to actually apologize for their mistakes, you'll never see them admit fault on their behalf. Somehow, they have convinced themselves that every action they make is the best action ever. You'll never hear the speech: "i did what i thought was best, and it didn't work, i was wrong, i'm sorry." its the denial of doing anything wrong, rather than them doing the wrong thing, that makes you truly hate a president, amirite?

Qeezs avatar Politics
0 14
The voters have decided that Qeez is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If they deny their wrongs, people think they're lying scum. If they accept their wrongs and admit to them, people call use that as an excuse to patronize them and use that as a means of telling people that even the president themselves thinks their a bad president, etc. etc.

You just can't win.

@AdonisBatheus If they deny their wrongs, people think they're lying scum. If they accept their wrongs and admit to them, people...

I'd rather have a humble president than one that is constantly telling me how great they are. Yes, there will always be critics, but a little humility and humanity would go a long ways. You may still dislike the president, but it probably won't be a polarizing hatred. He will just seem ineffective, like he tried and failed, instead of arrogant and misguided.

Qeezs avatar Qeez Yeah You Are +1Reply
@AdonisBatheus Not to the public, because the public is stupid.

lol, yeah, i'm trying to think Ideally! In the real world i do think honestly that a little humility would make the middle ground hate you less, stupid extremists are stupid extremists so they will remain unaffected.

Qeezs avatar Qeez Yeah You Are +1Reply

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-r...ct-presidents/

Pretty much relates to this post and kinda gives an insight to just how tough it is to be a president.

MissAwesomenesss avatar MissAwesomeness Yeah You Are +1Reply
@MissAwesomeness http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-r...ct-presidents/ Pretty much relates to this...

Never said it was easy, thats why it'd be understandable if they apologized, but no they can't because that'd be against their parties beliefs. And lord knows they are way too busy whoring themselves out to their respective parties in order to cling on to their petty power for another four years.

Qeezs avatar Qeez Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Qeez Never said it was easy, thats why it'd be understandable if they apologized, but no they can't because that'd be...

True, they really should apologize, It makes them sound more humble and I'm sure many people would appreciate it if they acknowledged their mistakes from time to time. I'm just saying that being the president is an UNBELIEVABLY hard job, no matter what they say or do there will always be millions of people that disagree, despise and critique their every action.

Though I do agree with your post now.

Nick Clegg recent apologised for being a lying bastard and potentially putting everyone under 18 in debt for the rest of their lives, which was pretty sweet.

@Actually, what he apologised for was promising not to before the election.

I know, I study politics. Your comment didn't really add much to mine by the way.

@Emaphina I know, I study politics. Your comment didn't really add much to mine by the way.

Your comment implied that he was apologising for what he actually did, which would have been a pretty big move, but what he apologised for was saying that he wouldn't, which paints him in a completely different light, so I'd say it added quite a lot.

@Your comment implied that he was apologising for what he actually did, which would have been a pretty big move, but...

Yeah I was trying not be be pedantic and annoying. Apparently you're all up for that though.

@Emaphina Yeah I was trying not be be pedantic and annoying. Apparently you're all up for that though.

Trying not to be pedantic and annoying by claiming he'd done something he hadn't done?
That's not pedantic and annoying that's just being clear with facts.
Are your arguments just words you've heard other people use in arguments strung together to make you sound smart?
Do you get this defensive whenever someone corrects you? and if so how on earth do you get through politics lessons?