+148

There should be a machine that measures the amount of physical and emotional pain that one has gone through in their life to date. That way you would be able to tell if someone you know/love is currently suffering in silence, or whether or not that person complaining about all of their 'problems' is really just a whiny little bitch, amirite?

Liliths avatar
5 12
The voters have decided that Lilith is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hm, while I agree with this, I don't think human emotion can be transferred into such an exact science

@eastcoast Hm, while I agree with this, I don't think human emotion can be transferred into such an exact science

Nonsense. Emotions are neurotransmitters acting upon their respective receptors. We may not have the technology available to measure and replicate what happens, it is entirely possible to measure emotion, and (by extension of the science) control emotion.

@Mike_Hawk Nonsense. Emotions are neurotransmitters acting upon their respective receptors. We may not have the technology...

Yes, I understand that certain brain scans can measure human emotional reactions, but I think the emotion is also very subjective to the individual

It's a good theory, but I believe everyone's personal story is relative.

Well wouldnt it measure their pain, meaning if they are a whiny bitch it would still be high to them? Unless they know its not that bad and their playing it up I guess.
(Also when I read physical pain I just imagined someone with a piece of iron through them going "No its fine really. You dont need to measure my pain readings. Just trust me. Its just an Iron rod protruding out of my sternum, no big deal.)

sometimes it's more than that, some people who suffer from depression have an imbalance of chemicals in the brain.

I would not want to have my levels of pain measured and compared with others.

It could be measured in dB. Just take a baseline while the person feels calm and indifferent.

It would be cool... If only I had the device hehe smilie It would be kind of annoying if everyone had one though. Especially if people are just nosy in using it. There'd be a lot of drama (even more so than now) if people had those devices.

Guys, I'm not trying to start a science debate here, lmao. I know this isn't a probable invention, I'm just saying IT'D BE COOL to have such a device.

Liliths avatar Lilith Yeah You Are -2Reply