+70

Suicidals: you always feel bad whenever someone innocent dies whether by accident or for a bad reason. They die just because someone had to die, you'd have gladly taken their place and spared the pain their friends and family get from such a tragedy, amirite?

Nacklefoodles avatar People & Celebrities
3 71
The voters have decided that Nacklefoodle is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I'm not suicidal, but I'd do so without a second thought.
I really don't place much value in my life.

Lens avatar Len Yeah You Are +12Reply

And just to clarify I mean victims of random shootings or something, or accidents whether its a car crash or an old building collapsing.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +8Reply

I had a really bad few weeks last fall, and at one point the thought of jumping in front of a bus crossed my mind. Days later, a girl was hit by a bus on her way home. I had never known her, but I felt so guilty, like that was supposed to be me.

What about the pain your family and friends would feel if you died? Selfish.

@1840166

We're just selfish creatures :)

@Nacklefoodle Hey, fuck off Joey.

Anonymous is right. Your post is talking about innocent people experiencing tragedy, and in this case, you'd be the cause of it. Think about all the people in your life who you'll hurt, and who might blame themselves. It is selfish. Maybe sometimes people take the gentle approach when dealing with suicidal people, but in this instance the cold hard truth is that it's selfish. Grow up, and deal with your problems. We all have them. No one leads the perfect charmed life, but we don't off ourselves every time we're unhappy. If this is a chemical imbalance, get medicine. If it's mental, get a therapist. If this is a melodramatic way to seek attention and/or a pity party, grow up. Either way, don't kill yourself, I love you. Every individual can add something to our world that no one else can, and we need your contribution, whatever it may be.

@amiwhite Anonymous is right. Your post is talking about innocent people experiencing tragedy, and in this case, you'd be the...

What if I told you people can be suicidal for reasons other than having a hard life? I hate it when people pretend to understand things they don't know shit about. You're telling me not to quit a hated board game of mine just because it'll throw off some other players. It's selfish but it's my fucking life I should care about what I want more than what others want. Sometimes the best choice is unfair, there will always be losers. It's not fair to expect a person to keep living a life they absolutely hate (and cannot change unless they get drugged out of their rational mind) just so some people won't get upset. I already try to diminish the number of people who'll get upset by my death, but it still has to be done. Stop trying to argue with merely assumptions as your proof.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Nacklefoodle What if I told you people can be suicidal for reasons other than having a hard life? I hate it when people pretend...

I'm not pretending to understand you; I don't even know you, or your current situation. What I am saying is that it's not a normal healthy response to ANY situation to react by taking your own life. I am saying that regardless of whether you care or not, it's also a selfish move. And that I care about any person as a fellow human being. And that you should seek out a therapist. Maybe you feel like you don't and won't like life no matter what, but that's not necessarily true. You have some issue(s), and again, I don't know you, but it's possible to work through them sometimes and feel like a whole new person.

@amiwhite I'm not pretending to understand you; I don't even know you, or your current situation. What I am saying is that...

It's not a fucking situation. It's my preference. I'm not quitting the board game because I fell behind or got a difficult turn, it's because this is a stupid board game and I fucking hate it. You are assuming things, by saying if I'm suicidal it's because I have a problem in my life, but no, that's not always how it is. People should stop assuming that if you dont want to live you must have issues and you must need help and you must be sick. I'm perfectly fine. I just don't want to live in this world.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Nacklefoodle It's not a fucking situation. It's my preference. I'm not quitting the board game because I fell behind or got a...

Read my post again. I'm not assuming to know you. I don't know whether or not you have a problem or a situation or whatever. What I AM saying is that you DO have an issue. Whether mental, or medical, I don't know. A murderer can feel like a regular person too, can even be a normal person who got caught up in a moment of rage or revenge, but murdering is not a sane response by any means, outside of situations such as self-defense, for example. I'm not trying to compare you to a murderer. I'm merely trying to illustrate a point, which is that even if you don't have a hard life, the fact that you want to kill yourself because you "don't like this board game of life" is not rational or healthy by any means, and is an issue in and of itself. Even if you're a regular, sane person otherwise.

@amiwhite Read my post again. I'm not assuming to know you. I don't know whether or not you have a problem or a situation or...

And also, if you're already planning on killing yourself, what do you lose by talking to a therapist beforehand? You don't even have to tell them you're suicidal. You can only gain something from it, not lose, if you're already at that point.

I hate it that thinking differently makes you automatically insane. I realize I'm a freak by not wanting to live (which is natural and in our DNA) but that doesn't mean this is a problem you can fix or an illness. It's who I am.

@Nacklefoodle I hate it that thinking differently makes you automatically insane. I realize I'm a freak by not wanting to live...

I don't think you're insane. Or a freak. And thinking differently is not the cause of concern here, it's the aspect of self-harm that is. People who are suicidal can seek help, it's not an open and shut case.

@Nacklefoodle Suicide=/=selfharm >:c

Well, not in that you're harming yourself for the pain, but it's like the ultimate expression of it. Maybe self-destruction would have been a more accurate term.

@Nacklefoodle It's not self destruction, it's quitting a crappy job

People who quit a crappy job don't then sit at home doing nothing, they look for a better job.

@Nacklefoodle Well maybe my afterlife will be my better job

Depending on that being better than what you can work towards yourself is like going on welfare and being put into government housing. :-P I say kind of tongue-in-cheek. But really.

@amiwhite Depending on that being better than what you can work towards yourself is like going on welfare and being put into...

What if my problem is being human and I hate this species? In my next life I could be a cat or something and I could never work towards that in this life.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are -3Reply
@Nacklefoodle What if my problem is being human and I hate this species? In my next life I could be a cat or something and I...

I don't know why you hate humans, but there are always both good and bad. Maybe you haven't met the right people or right place. Plus, what if you turned out like this? http://ctrlv.in/122869

@amiwhite I don't know why you hate humans, but there are always both good and bad. Maybe you haven't met the right people or...

That was a hypothetical example, not my personal case. And if I were that cat I wouldn't care because I'd be a cat

@Nacklefoodle That was a hypothetical example, not my personal case. And if I were that cat I wouldn't care because I'd be a cat

I don't know your reasoning so I can't comment. And you would care if you were a vain memecat.

I am kind of like you. I don't have a date set and it is probably going to be far in the future. But I keep to myself as I wait for my parents to live out their lives so I can quietly disappear without hurting anyone.

lanas avatar lana Yeah You Are -1Reply
@lana I am kind of like you. I don't have a date set and it is probably going to be far in the future. But I keep to...

While you're waiting though, why not try to enjoy yourself? Or, as Eric Idle sang, "if life seems jolly rotten, there's something you've forgotten, and that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing."

PhilboydStudges avatar PhilboydStudge Yeah You Are +3Reply
@PhilboydStudge While you're waiting though, why not try to enjoy yourself? Or, as Eric Idle sang, "if life seems jolly rotten...

Oh I am enjoying myself. It is not like I hole up in my room and stay there all day long. I do everything anyone else would do. I just don't socialize with people much and when I do, I try to not become very close with them. I prefer when I am the secondary resource for the people I am interacting with rather than their go-to person. I go to professional school and am training for a career. I have friends and room-mates. But again, I am not their best friend. That is pretty much it. And although I am doing all these things, in the back of my mind, I am simply waiting to be free of the weight of life without destroying someone else's life in the process.

lanas avatar lana Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Nacklefoodle You're like my twin.

Haha. This makes me feel good in some weird twisted way. This is the first time I have ever interacted with someone who shares my views. Usually, people just think I am crazy and/or depressed.

lanas avatar lana Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think it's funny how you've deluded yourself into thinking that not one soul would miss you if you were to suddenly drop dead this second.

@I think it's funny how you've deluded yourself into thinking that not one soul would miss you if you were to...

Who says they're deluded? You don't know what their life is like. Hold off on assuming shit.

Maybe not 0, but certainly less souls than would miss the innocent happy people. Besides it's a waste for a suicidal to get to keep living a life that they don't want and for a normal person to lose their chance for no reason.

@1840018

Highly unlikely, and often it's children or happy people

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Nacklefoodle Highly unlikely, and often it's children or happy people

So unhappy adults are hardly ever victims of random shootings, or accidents whether it's a car crash or an old building collapsing?

@Frostehh So unhappy adults are hardly ever victims of random shootings, or accidents whether it's a car crash or an old...

Yeah often it's normal people. Suicidals being killed probably make a small percentage.

@Frostehh That's probably because suicidal people are in the minority.

You would be surprised on how many suicidal people there are. Just because they seem like "normal" people doesn't mean they're not extremely hurt on the inside.

mirandaamirites avatar mirandaamirite Yeah You Are +5Reply
@mirandaamirite You would be surprised on how many suicidal people there are. Just because they seem like "normal" people doesn't...

True, I don't even know the statistics anyway. I just think in general most people aren't suicidal.

That's true, people will be surprised I committed suicide (in real life), but still I don't think they make for even half the population. And I still feel bad when people get killed by accident or for an ill purpose.

If you want to die so bad, why not just quit being melodramatic and just die? Not that I want anyone to do that, but it sounds like you do.

@If you want to die so bad, why not just quit being melodramatic and just die? Not that I want anyone to do that...

But this post isn't saying I want to die so much, it says I want to die in general. And it's not something to do on impulse I've set a date and have to finish up some things beforehand.

@GiggityGoo22 You should get help. We would miss you if you were gone!

That's nice of you, thanks.

Please don't let this post become a "nacklefoodle we all love you, suicide is bad, keep living" post, just, please. That'd be the worst outcome possible.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Nacklefoodle That's nice of you, thanks. Please don't let this post become a "nacklefoodle we all love you, suicide is bad...

Alright, so I assume that nothing I say is going to convince you to not commit suicide. But since you're going to be leaving everyone behind anyway, what if you just pack your bags and walk until nobody knows your name, and start a new life? Eh?

@Alright, so I assume that nothing I say is going to convince you to not commit suicide. But since you're going to...

My life is great, any new life I try to start will just be worse. That'd be stupid.

@Nacklefoodle My life is great, any new life I try to start will just be worse. That'd be stupid.

I'm not trying to sound snarky, but if your life is great, why would you want to leave?

Exactly. I hate when people talk shit like this. If you really wanted to die, you'd be dead already. So just do it or shut the fuck up. No one wants to hear your whining.

@Exactly. I hate when people talk shit like this. If you really wanted to die, you'd be dead already. So just do it...

This isn't whining. This is just sharing something with other suicidals, non-suicidals should just ignore this post. It's how if I were posting something about depression I wouldn't be whining about it, I'd be curious if other people who've gone through depression felt the same way, that's all.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +2Reply

I'm not sucidial, but I would rather be dead than alive... I would be getting off easy and going straight to heaven.

Pugs avatar Pug Yeah You Are -8Reply
@Pug I'm not sucidial, but I would rather be dead than alive... I would be getting off easy and going straight to heaven.

That's not how it works. I also find it offensive to my religion and shall start a flame war.

@God would just send you to hell like he does all women.

Oh good, thankfully I have people to correct my beliefs. I had it all wrong.

Pugs avatar Pug Yeah You Are +6Reply

I don't understand where you get all this confidence, even the super ultra religious people feel like they should be doing more for their God. Their all like "Am I really good enough?" but you're like HEEEHEHHEHE I'm going to heaven!!!!

Reading this soppy excuse for a post is making me suicidal.