+501

Every person dies two deaths: one when their heart beats no more, and the second when their name is said for the last time, amirite?

ARandomPersons avatar Life
87 61
The voters have decided that ARandomPerson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

HITLER LIVES

That's... deep. And Sad. like depressing. Aw. fuck. I was having a good day.

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are +17Reply
@1842373

I already nominated it, I am hoping others do the same.

It is not mine anymore, Ant gave it back to PocketPie.

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1840995

Yes, but if you have kids then at least some part of you will continue living.

@1840995

Make that an amirite post or I am going to steal that.

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are +4Reply
@1841000

fine, if you don't make it, I will.

worst case scenario, it gets taken down.

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are -5Reply
@1840995

Maybe this is the true purpose of Facebook. Because your page will still be up even after you die. Or will someone delete it? Or will it just be some kind of online history book? (shrug)

@1842650

According to the changes implemented from the Canadian report, pages become memorialized and become read-only. It prevents people from logging in as a dead person and wrecking havoc.

@1842650

What, so they take them down? My friend died in February, but I don't want to see her page go.

Oh god, right in the feels.
It's sad to think that'll there will be a last of everything when you die. Like your last genuine smile, last hug, etc.

mirandaamirites avatar mirandaamirite Yeah You Are +30Reply
@Shadi feel is Arabic for elephant. ...

I see.

Oh god, right in the elephants.

mirandaamirites avatar mirandaamirite Yeah You Are +24Reply
@mirandaamirite I see. Oh god, right in the elephants.

Please don't sully this post with your dirty talk.

@Shadi Please don't sully this post with your dirty talk.

Elephants aren't all that dirty. They're pretty much a walking car-wash with those huge trunks hello smilie

mirandaamirites avatar mirandaamirite Yeah You Are +5Reply
@mirandaamirite Elephants aren't all that dirty. They're pretty much a walking car-wash with those huge trunks

I have huge trunks. I'd have them fitted, but they are dirty, so I don't see the point. I'm gonna die of having dirty, oversized trunks...

@mirandaamirite Nothing wrong with having some junk in your trunk.

Are you suggesting that I procure implants for my tush?

@Shadi Are you suggesting that I procure implants for my tush?

Well at first, we were talking about elephant trunks, but then I assumed you were now discussing about actual trunks- like pants, for example. So wanting to help your self-esteem with your dirty trunks, I said that without meaning to imply your actual buttox.

mirandaamirites avatar mirandaamirite Yeah You Are 0Reply

I disagree. People can remember you and think about you without saying your name. Sometimes, you encounter people who will remember you and think about you and they don't even know your name. For example, there are quotes attributed to "anonymous" and these people's words will live on and on even though we don't know their names.

Favvkess avatar Favvkes No Way +14Reply
@Favvkes I disagree. People can remember you and think about you without saying your name. Sometimes, you encounter people...

Not to mention, the actions you make have a lasting effect on the world. Whenever you interact with someone, you affect their thoughts and emotions. This then affects their interactions, which affects other peoples' thoughts and emotions. which affects their interactions, etc. It's a ripple effect. A similar chain reaction happens when you interact with objects.

There's a lot of people who have actually been pretty influential in my life, but I only knew them for a few minutes. I don't even remember what they look like, but their words and actions in those few minutes live on.

You know lots of people were saying they were depressed by this. I find it comforting, personally. By this thought, we haven't yet lost our most brilliant thinkers and scientists; The names Newton, Socrates, Plato, Albert Einstein, Tesla, are all still spoken of, and so still live on.

Maximumnerds avatar Maximumnerd Yeah You Are +13Reply
@Maximumnerd You know lots of people were saying they were depressed by this. I find it comforting, personally. By this thought...

I read your comment and felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Then I remembered that I have a big project on a bunch of scientists due tomorrow. Shit. I need to go work on that...

John Smith will live forever.

names avatar name Yeah You Are +8Reply

My heart sank a little thinking about that...

Skr3wBalls avatar Skr3wBall Yeah You Are +4Reply

can someone please help me find where I saw this before, I want to give credit where credit is due.

ARandomPersons avatar ARandomPerson Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1842363

Uh... what? First off you were just asking where you had seen it before. Secondly, no you didn't come up with it, I've seen it floating around the net for years.

You make it sound like the hospital I was born in isn't the most historical place many people will ever go to no smilie

Nice work man. Suggested for POTD.

MusicIsAGifts avatar MusicIsAGift Yeah You Are 0Reply

Hemingway said it first. But yeah.

As much as I do love this, I read the exact same thing (in the same words) in a Johnlock fanfic about a month ago.
Also, there's a differently worded variation in an old African parable.