+278

Suicide doesn't end the pain. It just gives it to someone else. amirite?

Weeping_Angels avatar Life
24 12
The voters have decided that Weeping_Angel is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes omg yes I love this and you. Even though I still feel sympathetic towards people who commit suicide and upset for them (whether they died or not), but I think they're cowards; they're running away from life instead of facing it. No matter what they're going through, everything can be solved. I think the only thing that can't be solved in life is death.

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Maya Yes omg yes I love this and you. Even though I still feel sympathetic towards people who commit suicide and upset...

I agree 100% it takes more courage to ask for help and go to counseling than to just give up and hurt everyone that loves you

I would have replied to this comment, but the comment was about the entire post. However, I replied to what you said as well. Just sending you the notification

@thatguys I would have replied to this comment, but the comment was about the entire post. However, I replied to what you...

I read your comment. My comment wasn't exactly aimed towards tortured victims or people with depression, but to people who are suffering in their life at the moment and think that the only way to solve it is by suicide. My brother's friend's sister commit suicide right in front of her sister before her sister could do anything to help (she jumped off the balcony I think). Now I'm not sure why she did so, but they told me it's cause her boyfriend dumped her. Just wtf?? I feel more sorry for her sister than her tbh; how do you think her sister feels now? She saw her sister die right in front of her, that's gonna haunt her all her life; she's gonna wish for years if she just could have saved her in time. And even if she didn't see her, she still lost a sister.
Or what about people who get bullied for a certain of time and think the only way to fix this is by suicide; I know that bullying is horrible but dealing the situation with suicide is cowardly, they're just running away to the unknown instead of facing it.

Mayas avatar Maya Yeah You Are +1Reply

2 things to point out

1. The post is technically true, but the pain actually does end for the person with depression. A cute saying like this post doesn't change that fact that suicide is sometimes the only answer for someone's pain.

2. As for Maya, she's wrong. Depression isn't always a problem in life. A majority of the time, it's just an imbalance of chemicals in the brain. For those who are having a hard time in life, yes, you're right, it can probably be fixed.

But those with clinical depression can't be cured, just managed. You wouldn't call a torture victim begging for death a coward; they're just sick of dealing with pain that they have zero control over. Same with a depression victim.

I have depression, and I'm studying it at Texas A&M. Sometimes, when all else fails, it's just a simple imbalance of melatonin. Counselors, support groups, happy thoughts, and friends and family don't do anything for that, no matter how much everyone without depression would like to think that they do.

As a side note, there's a saying that those who study anything psychotic chose to do so so that they could find out what was wrong with themselves. It's true; I'm right here to prove it.

@1841556

Only if they get to that point. It obviously isn't that way with everyone.

Sometimes it's the only option if they want to end the suffering. Counseling, after school special quotes, they don't do anything.

I wish we could "hate" posts or comments just like we can love/favorite them

@1841425

Conservation of energy?